Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Pan Ams: Santo Domingo

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Pan Ams: Santo Domingo

Predictions? Performances you're looking forward to?

Last edited by FFF; 05-15-2018 at 01:49 PM.
    Currently reading: The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Just Finished Reading: City of Thieves by David Benioff

Friend me on Facebook

Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m actually really looking forward to seeing how Cameron Swart does after his performance at the Arnold. Looking forward to see Harrison’s first big meet as an 85 as well.

3. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 85s and Wes Kitts in 105.

The 85s have Cantrell and Harrison who are going to be going at each other in what I assume will be a battle of the snatch vs the clean and jerk. While Arley should solidify gold with basically his openers he gets to make a swipe at the CJ record which would be nice to see fall before the class resets.

Kitts has been having a hell of a time training and always seems to give his all for competitions so it will be nice to see if he continues to show he is the preeminent American 105. Though I feel its very likely theyll try to go for the American total and end up missing the third lift on either snatch of CJ. But if all goes to plan something like 176/215.

5. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also looking forward to Kitts and Harrison, both seem capable of some massive lifts. I'm really curious about CJ. His snatch appears to be pretty consistent around near PR numbers, so I want to see what he can manage in comp. And of course want to see how his power/squat jerk has progressed.

In terms of other US lifters, I'm excited to see Hogan and Jenny Arthur competing. Jenny seems to be back to her old bests or at least capable of them, I don't think we've seen her in that shape in a while. Also the international debut of Mattie Sasser lifting for the US.

Very excited to see Reis compete as well, maybe he can make his unofficial Pan Am record clean & jerk from the AO1 official this time. I also noticed that Jhonatan Rivas is competing in the 94s with a big entry total. I wonder if he'll just be a heavier 85 like he has before or if he's actually moving up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone got a lead on a stream?
    Currently reading: The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Just Finished Reading: City of Thieves by David Benioff

Friend me on Facebook

Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    Anyone got a lead on a stream?
    Phil Andrews posted on reddit that if a stream is located they'll put it up at the typical USAW live stream link. Been searching myself and looking to see if anything popped up on reddit but no luck yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Edit: nevermind, just wants you to sign up for a service, might not be legit.
    Last edited by Cinnadom; 05-14-2018 at 09:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Live stream link from the USAW site:
    https://www.teamusa.org/usa-weightlifting/live

https://www.facebook.com/fedompesas/

Also says a youtube link is coming.

11. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Youtube live stream of the event.

13. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty good session but I always dig PanAms. While the weights aren't so big, the lifting is good.

No hardware for TeamUSA in the 48s but we probably got a bunch of points. Can't see a scoreboard on the feed at all. Hayley did 71/95 missing 68 and 73. Clarked like 97 or 98. Alyssa did 73/94 I think. I missed a few attempts by each of them but Ritchey crashed hard on her last 2 cleans and I don't think she attempted the jerks either as she didn't stand up 100. I think I missed her 3rd snatch as well and maybe 2nd as I'm not sure if 73 was her 2nd Sn or opener.