Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Pan Ams: Santo Domingo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanwtyler View Post
    clean or jerk? that's weird. I thought he usually opens in the 40s.
    First attempt (137) he never even tried to jerk it. Just stood there and then dropped it. Second attempt (138) he tried for the jerk but looked like he had absolutely no legs and never got it locked out. Third attempt (138) he went quickly into the jerk and got it overhead but had a pretty obvious pressout.
    Currently reading: Field of Blood by Karen Armstrong

Just finished reading:Slaughter House-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

Friend me on Facebook

Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hogan stood up with 83 on her first but ran out and dropped it at edge of platform

edit: made it on 2nd. 83

she made 86 on 3rd. 2 out of 3 whites.
    Last edited by ryanwtyler; 05-15-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Piron made 88kg and 90kg, missed 92kg on her 3rd. Silver for Hogan then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Cant wait to see who Derrick blames

5. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    First attempt (137) he never even tried to jerk it. Just stood there and then dropped it. Second attempt (138) he tried for the jerk but looked like he had absolutely no legs and never got it locked out. Third attempt (138) he went quickly into the jerk and got it overhead but had a pretty obvious pressout.
    well that's disappointing...not a shocker but disappointing none the less. Seems like the last few comps judges have been "giving" him white lights on his jerks. He's been pressing them out for the last couple competitions now. I can't really talk because that's usually my biggest weakness. I can clean all day but jerks are 50/50 im either going to press it out or stick it lol

7. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also have heard he does a pretty hard weight cut. Supposedly trains closer to 69.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Hutchinson View Post
    well that's disappointing...not a shocker but disappointing none the less. Seems like the last few comps judges have been "giving" him white lights on his jerks. He's been pressing them out for the last couple competitions now. I can't really talk because that's usually my biggest weakness. I can clean all day but jerks are 50/50 im either going to press it out or stick it lol
    Yeah, as much as you want to get favorable calls from judges, it can be a death sentence when you get to a strict competition. This is why I hate soft calls at local meets. Sometimes my athlete's get big wake up calls on the national stage, and as a coach there's not much you can do about it. If someone has the attitude "Hey it got white lights" there's not much motivation to really change it.

Quote Originally Posted by b_degennaro View Post
    Also have heard he does a pretty hard weight cut. Supposedly trains closer to 69.
    He's certainly had problems with making weight before.
    Currently reading: Field of Blood by Karen Armstrong

Just finished reading:Slaughter House-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

Friend me on Facebook

Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    Yeah, as much as you want to get favorable calls from judges, it can be a death sentence when you get to a strict competition. This is why I hate soft calls at local meets. Sometimes my athlete's get big wake up calls on the national stage, and as a coach there's not much you can do about it. If someone has the attitude "Hey it got white lights" there's not much motivation to really change it.

He's certainly had problems with making weight before.
    Oh for sure...i can't count how many competitions i would pop into the sauna to get that last .5-1kg off and he'd been in the sauna on and off for hours trying to make weight. That's gotta suck to be honest. I've had some "hard" cuts back in my 56kg days but he takes it to another level. On top of it you can already tell he trains super lean so when he cuts it's a SHIT TON of water weight which zaps your strength/energy big time.

11. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great meet for CJ, 6/6 new American snatch and total records, and 2nd place in the total.

New jerk technique is interesting. Looks like a push press almost, but none of his jerks looked that hard.

13. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy for CJ glad he could get a respectable total out on an international comp. Getting him some confidence was way more important than gold.