that's not creatine...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matej.polak View Post
    that's not creatine...
    Hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    that's not creatine...
    You can get injectable creatine, think it’s called neoton. Although I don’t see the point in going through the trouble of injections for the small benefits of creating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Jesus, are you guys really only taking 5g ov this stuff? Actually splitting it up 2.5 + 2.5?

I've always found, with myself and with my lifters that more is more. Its not a steroid, and larger doses ov it will not amplify (or create) side-effects, so why not? When i'm training seriously, i'll fire 15g in the morning shake, and 15g more in the bedtime shake. Generally, 20g a day is considered a 'loading dose', so i'm taking more than that, and i haven't cycled off it in probably 10 years. No issues at all. Ov course, i dont bloat however. I can pound buckets ov it and not gain 2lbs. I'm generally chronically dehydrated, but i've done many experiments when i wasn't, and no difference. Even when i'm not training seriously, like now for instance, i'll still take 10-15g a day.

I'd suggest:

Just buy basic creatine mono. Dont bother with the fancy stuff, and dont buy it from supermarkets. Its usually NOT the same stuff you find in supplement stores.

Watch your brands and companies. Dont buy from shady ones, or you might be getting traces ov stuff WADA wont like.

It doesn't need to be hot, or heated, just dump it in a shake, or better yet, drink it with an extremely sweet sugary juice, like grape juice. It does work better.

You dont need to cycle off it, ever.

To the poster that mentioned creatine from the 90's... its not the same. That old shit was fucking awful. It was practically poison to most people... not to say unhealthy, but when you instantly gain 10-12lbs, and become a human biohazard well... thats the body telling you it is not happy. The modern creatine does not do this.
    I've honestly considered upping my dosage now that the micronized creapure mono is cheaper. Running 10-15g a day to see the effects.

Post Thanks / Like
    that's not creatine...
    Good joke but as DylanJM says yes it is, its called neoton and very few people have heard of it. I only know about it cause some Russian athlete was trying to sell it on his instagram page.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I saw neoton when that Ruski posted it.

I have played with doing 7.5 or 10g/day. On off days, sometimes I just take 2.5g. Tbh, didnt really notice a difference. I see more of a difference when it comes to how much sleep and food I get during the day. They make more of a difference than caffeine.

Human bodies only contain about 100-120g in their bodies.

I really doubt lifters will burn through 25-50g/day. That's the whole point of loading is to quickly top off the body's Cr stores in a week or so vs a month.

More than likely once your body starts taking creatine in supranominal human levels, your body will cease synthesizing it (Just like Test which will happen with any exogenous usage). This probably frees up the glycine and arginine and energy to synthesize it for other uses.

Post Thanks / Like
    no
    i take only magnesium and melatonine these days

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you need to cycle on and off (I've read a few places saying you should...but they don't really give any reasons why)? Also, would you continue to take it during your breaks from training (I'm going to be missing next week due to business trip)?

Post Thanks / Like
    On breaks, I generally cycle off as well as in the period before a competition when reps are super low anyways.

The only reason I may advocate in not cycling off is for cognitive benefit though only about a gram a day is necessary for those. Most people who eat ample protein will probably get that covered but if one was vegetarian...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    On breaks, I generally cycle off as well as in the period before a competition when reps are super low anyways.

The only reason I may advocate in not cycling off is for cognitive benefit though only about a gram a day is necessary for those. Most people who eat ample protein will probably get that covered but if one was vegetarian...
    Thanks. So, there's no downside (other than cost) to continuing to take a maintenance dosage?