Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Klokov Implicated in Trump-Russia Scandal

Post Thanks / Like

Klokov Implicated in Trump-Russia Scandal

Looks like our little Weightlifting community is making some big headlines. Find below both articles claiming Klokov offered to introduce Trump to Putin, as well as Klokov's official response:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/anthonycorm...z7#.jcXZgQ3LyY

https://www.facebook.com/dmitry.klok...95366660690279

"To the weightlifting community, my fans and supporters:

I have spent my life as an athlete. Now that I have retired from competition, I work very hard to promote weightlifting, all strength sports and training education through seminars.

I was very surprised to see my name in the news in America this week, and because the story has so much attention, I want to make this statement for everyone’s understanding.

I have never communicated with anyone in the Trump organization, including Trump’s family or legal representatives, and specifically the Mr. Cohen who is in the news story. I was very proud to be a part of many Russian national weightlifting teams, but I do not have any inside connections to the Russian government. No part of the story of my involvement with these people is true.

I am very disappointed that these lies get so much attention in our world today. I hope the weightlifting and sport community will continue to work together with me to make people stronger and healthier through participation in competitive athletics.

Dmitry Vyacheslavovich Klokov
    8 June 2018"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mueller is going to raid Klokov seminars now!

Post Thanks / Like
    This isn't much for him but more a way for them to add Ivanka into the collusion case which gives them a new angle. Though his aggressive denial is incredibly suspicious especially since journalist don't normally say they have records of emails and a phone call without proof. Though he may not be aware of how American journalism is.

4. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PVCPipe View Post
    This isn't much for him but more a way for them to add Ivanka into the collusion case which gives them a new angle. Though his aggressive denial is incredibly suspicious especially since journalist don't normally say they have records of emails and a phone call without proof. Though he may not be aware of how American journalism is.
    Exactly. For Klokov there are no repercussions for him saying he'd introduce two people.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont believe for a second that Klokov doesnt have any connections in the Russian government.

7. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah "I was contacted by the Trumps due to my celebrity" is something easy to shrug off and ignore versus "Everyone is lying and I've never talked to anyone nor do I know anyone in politics" which just makes me cringe. Honestly I'm only interested cause this is some wacky tv show bullshit, I gave up on Klokov almost two years ago as he stopped giving useful information once he transfered over to seminars and crossfit.

9. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I smell a Red Sparrow sequel in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just strain to wonder how/why Ivanka would go to Klokov... like, how is he on her radar, or what connection is there between them. But i also despise Trump but i don't care if Klokov was gonna link them to the govt for a deal. anyways.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmoutain View Post
    I just strain to wonder how/why Ivanka would go to Klokov... like, how is he on her radar, or what connection is there between them. But i also despise Trump but i don't care if Klokov was gonna link them to the govt for a deal. anyways.
    What like did your dope prices go up cause of "The Donald" or something?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondCrusader View Post
    What like did your dope prices go up cause of "The Donald" or something?
    No, but you're an idiot... the price of marijuana has been steadily dropping over the last 24 months.