Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Time to get off my ass and make it happen bro

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Time to get off my ass and make it happen bro

6/20/18

I posted my stats somewhere else, so not going to get repetitious up in this bitch.

Plan is to get back to the oly lifting, and the other strength building lifts, but first things first, it's been long time since I even touched a bar, so today just did some basic calisthenics to feel things out. Nothing worth discussing too much.

Well that's not entirely true, I did grab a kettlebell for a few swings. Fucking thing was heavy, but didn't take note of the number stamped on it. We'll get more into the scientific details as things progress.

One good sign is that it annoyed me how heavy the stupid thing felt, and even though I was alone I felt embarrassed. Unbelievable how much strength you lose when you stop training for a while.

Enough for now see you all at the next log entry.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    6/??/18 - forgot what day I did these, but wrote down the weight, been really busy

Deadlift 345x5

Simply decided to do deadlifts and just start loading it up. Haven't pulled in forever, so just see what happens bro. Did some lighter sets of singles and doubles to work up, didn't write it down. I think it was around 1 plate, 2 plate then 3 plate or close to it. Improvising.

Honestly it was heavy, but at the same time not as hard as I thought it'd be. Totally surprised at that.

We'll leave it at that for now.
    Last edited by DiamondCrusader; 06-29-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    7/3/18

Strict press 145x5

Meh, always hated doing this one, but surprised I could pull it off. Shoulders hurt after, but that did go away after a day. Maybe if I do a push press it'll take some of the strain off the take-off. But that feels like the easy way out for some reason.

Since I also hadn't pressed in ages, I'd been doing some warm ups in the days leading up. Not press sets, but things like jumping jacks and walking around hands above head clapping, often singing the tune blaring through my ear buds. "we will rock you" always gets you inspired. Ya, ppl look at me weird (but not everybody), but no fucks given mate. What else is there to say? Feel it's more important to get the blood circulation going through the limbs before jumping back into these sort of exercises.

Hopefully I can get to doing all these lifts more often. Would be nice to get a real program going.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I've been lilting a lot lately but really bad at logging, as you can plainly see. It is what it is.

Frankly I'm really impressed by all the pro athletes of this world that somehow manage to make time for their sponsors. Is there a part of the brain that one must learn to turn off? Even if I was getting paid 1 mil right now, I'd still be reluctant to influence anyone to wear those hideous clothes.

Principles are principles, and if those blokes would ever take the time to make something with some actual thought put into it, and of true taste and timelessness, then maybe my attitude would be different. Until then, highest-bidders be damned. You are just beating yourself at your own game. Take a moment and a pensive breath, ask yourself "who am I playing against?"