Likes Likes:  37
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ali Ludwig and Caitlyn Hogan Leave Waxman's Gym

Post Thanks / Like

Ali Ludwig and Caitlyn Hogan Leave Waxman's Gym

They've both left waxman and are lifting in Juan's new gym. Anyone know what's going on?

Closest thing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/weightlifti...fting/e18gxza/

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, someone seems awfully defensive. I didn't know Juan had left Waxman's.

I once was having a conversation with Sean and I said "how's it going with the South American guy working for you?" and Waxman stopped me and said "he works WITH me, not FOR me. Everyone is a team at my gym."

That stood out to me.
    Currently reading: The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Just Finished Reading: City of Thieves by David Benioff

Friend me on Facebook

Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Academy of WL is now what Kilofornia used to be that was run by Renee Tenorio, a lifter from Waxmans and another guy who is a S&C that works for the Brewers named Russell. It might have been out of shared space with a CF or it's own. I can't remember. Lucero also used to visit there to lift when she lived in Socal/OC b4 moving to Oregon for her world's run with Catalyst.

It's also supported or working with Barbells4Boobs. I don't know the extent of that relationship but they tag it together.

Tony, in that thread, Caitlin's gf is in there. Somebody said Hogan may have gotten pist at something between Waxman and Hogan's gf but that's just hearsay at this point.

Hogan just turned 30 so this is likely her last Olympic run unless she wants to try for Paris. I think Hogan had hopes at getting some hardware at the 2017 WWC though it was kind of a longshot though there was a possibility with Diaz not killing it. And she might have been gunning for gold at PanAms.

My buddy does believe that's it's more possible for women to stick around in sports than males given the age of sprinters and other TnF athletes.

Also this Olympics will probably have more of a chance for some Americans to get hardware than Paris when some countries won't be limited to 1 or 2 lifters automatically. That's of course, IF there is WL in Paris and those countries don't pop some more in the meantime. It remains to be seen what totals look like this year at Worlds and particularly how the drug testing goes down since it was a shitshow in Rio and it remains to be seen if it can be done in TKM or Thailand. It's likely no BS will go down in Tokyo like the US though to point out, plenty of countries and lifters didn't actually get popped in 15 or 17 though obviously many did in 15.

Post Thanks / Like
    With Ali it seemed like she was working with Juan pretty heavily for a long time so Waxman wasn't her main coach. If he left then her following him just seems like the logical move and nothing to do with Waxman.

The Hogan situation seems very personal and from what I've heard no one has anything other than hearsay when discussing the topic. The girlfriend is super riled up so I would definitely say they did not end on good terms but beyond that there's nothing going to be confirmed till Hogan comes out or her girlfriend rants again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who is the gf anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    hogan filed 2 complaints with usaw about Sean that usaw threw out.

Her gf is just pouring gas on a fire, someone might want to tell her to shut up

Also phil Andrews can I get my own ssb?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypanda View Post
    hogan filed 2 complaints with usaw about Sean that usaw threw out.

Her gf is just pouring gas on a fire, someone might want to tell her to shut up

Also phil Andrews can I get my own ssb?
    Regarding a squat bar, absolutely simply total 194kg as a 53kg, and win Silver in the Snr Pan Ams and we'll gladly assist you with equipment.

For information, Caitlin Hogan did not file two ethics complaints against Sean Waxman. She did file one, and in relation to the squat bar it was filed anonymously.

Caitlin is a world class athlete who has acted nothing but professionally.

9. Likes Blairbob, LuckyLloyd, Cinnadom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilAndrews View Post
    Regarding a squat bar, absolutely simply total 194kg as a 53kg, and win Silver in the Snr Pan Ams and we'll gladly assist you with equipment.

For information, Caitlin Hogan did not file two ethics complaints against Sean Waxman. She did file one, and in relation to the squat bar it was filed anonymously.

Caitlin is a world class athlete who has acted nothing but professionally.
    Per another source - Sean apparently referred to Caitlin as the "c" word in a private Google doc that was shared with her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess he's not that tech savvy