Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Weightlifting Study (Please read)

Post Thanks / Like

Weightlifting Study (Please read)

I've mentioned this before but for anyone who hasn't heard or doesn't remember I'm a current Masters student studying Sport and Exercise Psychology. For just under a year I've been developing a study that would look at a weightlifting population and examine the relationship between competitive anxiety, body image, and self confidence. Its relatively quick: you read what the study is about, give consent, answer some demographic questions, and then 3 short questionairres. From the few people who have taken it no one has spent longer than 15 minutes completing it. The only exclusion criteria is you have to be older than 18 and have been a registered member of a weightlifting organization or a current member. Its also going to ask how you felt before/during competitions so if you have never competed I would exclude yourself as well.

I would really appreciate it if as many of you as possible could take it and if you could share it with anyone you think would be willing to take it. Its quick, straightforward, and helps build a greater research base for the sport which is important since most weightlifting research is on force production or kinematics. Please let me know if there are any problems and I will fix them as soon as I'm made aware.

http://bangorsport.qualtrics.com/jfe...PoS9frF87h5bJr

Thank you all for reading.

2. Likes Blairbob, Cinnadom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gonna bump this. I could really use some more responses. If you guys don't want to take it thats fine, but if you know where I could get more responses it would be great if you could tell me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PVCPipe View Post
    Gonna bump this. I could really use some more responses. If you guys don't want to take it thats fine, but if you know where I could get more responses it would be great if you could tell me.
    I'll try to get to this today. Have you posted on reddit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Done.

Thought I saw some duplicate questions on the 2nd questionnaire, maybe halfway-ish down.

Was expecting a spot to add in comments or something, one or two things I might've been able to add. Was also hoping for a spot to make a qualifying statement regarding my current shape vs when I'm actually training and in competitive shape, but no dice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    I'll try to get to this today. Have you posted on reddit?
    I have not posted to Reddit yet, since that will most likely see the greatest influx of participants I wanted to make sure everyone was having an easy time going through it. I've also been nervous about the troll population and them spamming my study.

Thank you for getting at it when you can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJonty View Post
    Done.

Thought I saw some duplicate questions on the 2nd questionnaire, maybe halfway-ish down.

Was expecting a spot to add in comments or something, one or two things I might've been able to add. Was also hoping for a spot to make a qualifying statement regarding my current shape vs when I'm actually training and in competitive shape, but no dice.
    First I wanna thank you for completing the survey.

The 2nd questionnaire has some similar items like a lot of questionnaires to make sure you're not clicking randomly. It's definitely annoying but thats how it was created.

There was no comment add-on simply because compiling and analyzing comments is a much bigger task than I am capable of on my own. The goal is to get around 120 responses and if I had to read through 120 comments and distill that into workable information I would need a much greater extension on my deadline and help from a qualitative expert. Rough outlines of your general feelings are also gnerally beneficial since it allows you to go with a gut instinct instead of the more intricate reasons you're allowed to put into a comment.