Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: USAPL Underwear

Post Thanks / Like

USAPL Underwear

Do I understand this correctly that I'm required to weigh in and compete in tighty whities? Does anyone else think this is completely asinine?

Post Thanks / Like
    You are reading it correctly. You can only wear standard briefs, or nothing under your singlet. I think it is one of the only "wtf" rules in USAPL.

3. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any idea as to the rationale behind this rule? It's not like a pair of spandex is going to be any kind of performance advantage, aside from not being chafed as hell while lifting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any idea as to the rationale behind this rule?
    https://forums.t-nation.com/t/squat-briefs/196602/8

My buddy/coach has had problematic hips since b4 WL (tore the shit out of his hamstring once and it never healed right and he was training hippy dippy back then). He actually got a pair of briefs and could barely squat in them. I think he even cut them down a bit or he was talking about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StrengthGeek25 View Post
    Do you have any idea as to the rationale behind this rule? It's not like a pair of spandex is going to be any kind of performance advantage, aside from not being chafed as hell while lifting.
    These 'people' gave us squat suits and bench shirts.
    So maybe PLs wore half a squat suit under their singlet at one time in a "raw" division to cheat
    (to get the compression assist out of the hip portion or something.)

There was that one asshole who put all kinds of towels or some kind of stuffing underneath his singlet,
    made his stomach/chest bigger to shorten the ROM on his bench.

I mean we ARE talking powerlifters here. None of this is surprising to me. /shitpost

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    https://forums.t-nation.com/t/squat-briefs/196602/8

My buddy/coach has had problematic hips since b4 WL (tore the shit out of his hamstring once and it never healed right and he was training hippy dippy back then). He actually got a pair of briefs and could barely squat in them. I think he even cut them down a bit or he was talking about it.
    My understanding of the rule is that we're not talking about SQUAT briefs, we're talking about literally the Hanes tighty whities (think Walter White's underwear) that you could buy at Walmart. The rationale for dictating this is entirely beyond me, it just seems really micro-managey.