Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mattie Rogers v. Kate Vibert

Post Thanks / Like

Mattie Rogers v. Kate Vibert

Erpel is correct that this discussion does not belong in the Sanctions thread.

If you would like to discuss Matte v. Kate (on or off the platform) do it here. Also, since Kate is a member of this forum, I would invite her to share her thoughts and perspective on the matter. Of course Mattie is welcome to do so as well.

I for one am looking forward to seeing them battle on the platform. Personally I don't care much for the happenings off of the field of play.
    Currently reading: The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Just Finished Reading: City of Thieves by David Benioff

Friend me on Facebook

Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have enjoyed the drama.

Also whats the deal with them vs WL meme accounts on instagram?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CNL View Post

The Weightlifting meme accounts need content to exist. They'll pick up anything that's memeable. I think some people take exception to it.
    Currently reading: The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Just Finished Reading: City of Thieves by David Benioff

Friend me on Facebook

Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to make it clear I had no intention of posting that information to frame it as a fight between Mattie and Vibert. I have no interest in perpetuating a "catfight" like narrative about two strong women within the community. The point of the post was more Mattie and her current trouble with public perception. She seems to continually feed the trolls and create a negative narrative for herself(aggressive tweets directed at a humor subdivision of the community) which tends to happen amongst some 'minor celebrities'. The Vibert incident was just the most recent and maybe most damaging if she doesn't destroy her in their next comp. I just think as this sport contiues to grow athletes are going to have to get used to the things athletes in other professional sports deal with on a daily basis as their behaviors get increasing attention.

Also as a defense for where I posted I searched both "Mattie Rogers" and "gossip" and got no current or themed threads and Sanctions is frequently off-topic so I thought a few posts about it would get swallowed up anyways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PVCPipe View Post
    I want to make it clear I had no intention of posting that information to frame it as a fight between Mattie and Vibert. I have no interest in perpetuating a "catfight" like narrative about two strong women within the community. The point of the post was more Mattie and her current trouble with public perception. She seems to continually feed the trolls and create a negative narrative for herself(aggressive tweets directed at a humor subdivision of the community) which tends to happen amongst some 'minor celebrities'. The Vibert incident was just the most recent and maybe most damaging if she doesn't destroy her in their next comp. I just think as this sport contiues to grow athletes are going to have to get used to the things athletes in other professional sports deal with on a daily basis as their behaviors get increasing attention.

Also as a defense for where I posted I searched both "Mattie Rogers" and "gossip" and got no current or themed threads and Sanctions is frequently off-topic so I thought a few posts about it would get swallowed up anyways.

I just don't think Mattie cares about how she's perceived. you seem to care a LOT. she's not losing sponsors, and i'm sure she doesn't care if she loses followers. you're applying your standards of success or whatever to her, and i'm fairly certain she doesn't give a shit. constantly posting about 'minor celebrities' squabbles is just like... stupid.

6. Likes KevinZybach liked this post
    Dislikes PVCPipe disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    can someone give me a TLDR version of wtf happened?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanwtyler View Post
    can someone give me a TLDR version of wtf happened?

thanks
    just your every day 11th grade drama

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmoutain View Post
    I just don't think Mattie cares about how she's perceived. you seem to care a LOT. she's not losing sponsors, and i'm sure she doesn't care if she loses followers. you're applying your standards of success or whatever to her, and i'm fairly certain she doesn't give a shit. constantly posting about 'minor celebrities' squabbles is just like... stupid.
    I care very little. This sport is very dry and has very infrequent news as competitions do not occur at a high frequency so I decided to bring up a topic that is being covered semi-frequently on reddit and very frequently on Instagram. Stop making this out to be something it's not and either realize your engaging in this conversation due to some interest of your own or ignore it like you wish I was.

Post Thanks / Like
    this is what I am guessing from reading just enough to not make my brain explode. Some meme account made a post about Vibert coming up on Mattie, Mattie blocked Vibert, Vibert posted something about being blocked.

Is that all?

Quote Originally Posted by jockomoron View Post
    just your every day 11th grade drama

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CNL View Post

Me thinks some of the people behind those accounts are freinds of viberts. And im pretty sure his BF is also has an account. It not hard to figure it out.