Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mattie Rogers v. Kate Vibert

Post Thanks / Like
    I think a lot of people are missing the bigger picture here. No one is calling it "cat fighting" nor do I think it's 11th grade drama.

Rivalries make sports interesting. End of story. Weightlifting can be unique in that we love to see someone breaking records and going out there crushing huge weights even if there is little competition, but that's not what is most exciting to watch, and it's not what is going to keep people interested. Every mainstream sport thrives on human interest stories. Although I personally don't have much interest in the off-platform happenings, it will be exciting to see two people taking jabs at each other on social media to go head to head where it counts.
    Currently reading: The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Just Finished Reading: City of Thieves by David Benioff

Friend me on Facebook

Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

2. Likes PVCPipe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Strength-TMZ did call it a cat-fight and since they were who I brought up as evidence for this falling out I wanted to make sure I distanced myself from that claim.

I do however agree with everything you said. Right now a compelling narrative is being created that can grow and create very interesting competitions growing forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    I think a lot of people are missing the bigger picture here. . . . Every mainstream sport thrives on human interest stories. Although I personally don't have much interest in the off-platform happenings, it will be exciting to see two people taking jabs at each other on social media to go head to head where it counts.
    This exactly. Beyond recent basketball and American football social media shit-talking and out-calling, even Olympic sports attain some worthy, added hype from shit-talking and rivalries. . . . even back decades ago. Remember Gary Hall Jr. with Popov (I think there was a voodoo doll involved), and then vs. the entire Aussie men's 4x100 relay team (strumming guitars). In the current age, with whatever-gram, someone's-tube, tweety-bird, etc., the shit-talking, calling-out and one-upping comes in slightly different forms and, as is the case with this Mattie vs. Kate thing, perhaps even imagined forms. Regardless, it all plays out well when shit gets resolved on the field of play; in this case, the platform.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    Matty vents often on social media. She's pretty notorious for relatively long diatribes.

Personally while Im a redblooded american male, I do find the ass pov of lifts ridiculous.
    were you about talking Martha? or Kate?
    The only ones I see are of her squatting; and facing the rack is a normal thing.
    And if the rack is up against the wall, the camera winds up being where it is an all that . . .

I mean .... I DO realize she's a totally self-absorbed narcissistic attention whore of course.
    But I don't really see the "ass pov of lifts" ... other than the squats, which is normal camera posistion.
    now there's the semi-erotic yoga mobility stuff no one needs to see....or the handstands on the beach in a thong . . .

Vibert does it too if this is what you are talking about:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BloCGexH..._web_copy_link

Post Thanks / Like
    And Vibert has already won the battle too IMO.

Its over. Especially if they meet on the platform at the same event in the same wt. class, etc.

She's so deep in Martha's head so bad now its not even funny.

Martha prob snatch bomb if they go head to head.

Well played actually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFakeMaxAita View Post
    Me thinks some of the people behind those accounts are freinds of viberts. And im pretty sure his BF is also has an account. It not hard to figure it out.
    Okay okay before people start running away with this (although I know this rumor has been going around for a while). No, my friends do not run those pages, nor do I have friends that are old enough to do this in the weightlifting community.

I’m not going to weigh in on this topic anymore. I honestly regret posting that, and don’t want to start drama anymore. Things between Mattie and I will remain private on my side from now on. I looked up to her for a long time and respect her as an athlete. I hope to have great competition with her over the years.

8. Likes Bulldog73, psstein, Hawkpeter, mb_here, Kingluc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    were you about talking Martha? or Kate?
    Neither but was referring to IG gals in general. Hell, I have a buddy who does them all the time just to be snarky (besides being 96+ and a hairy manbear).

For squats, it makes sense. For lifts it doesn't when one's ass is in the direct center of frame and the camera can be placed elsewhere towards the side or front.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Katevibert View Post
    Okay okay before people start running away with this (although I know this rumor has been going around for a while). No, my friends do not run those pages, nor do I have friends that are old enough to do this in the weightlifting community.

I’m not going to weigh in on this topic anymore. I honestly regret posting that, and don’t want to start drama anymore. Things between Mattie and I will remain private on my side from now on. I looked up to her for a long time and respect her as an athlete. I hope to have great competition with her over the years.
    I really don't know what is going on here, but this seems like a reasonable response.

11. Likes Bulldog73 liked this post