Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Scott Hisaka Suspect in Fatal DUI

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m sorry. I was a little annoyed that you have been declaring that my post was offensive, that someone else’s level of offense taken was too high, and that I shouldn’t post something not about weightlifting. In a thread that has nothing to do with weightlifting. Now I’m just amused. But while you’re on a roll was I right to be annoyed? How annoyed did I have a right to be?

Quote Originally Posted by PVCPipe View Post
    Dude, please sort out your personal issues before logging on and interacting on a public forum about weightlifting. It's not that serious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LiftTheWorld View Post
    Hopefully you'll never have a family member die from "a big fuck-up"
    Unfortunately it's already happened. Doesn't mean I'm gonna go around and paint the world with one brush.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanwtyler View Post
    killing someone by irresponsible behavior is a very interesting moral quandary to me. I suspect that without intention, killing someone is far less of an offense than murdering someone. I mean by a lot. like:

1. worst thing a human can do.
    4. Murder
    5. attempted murder.
    1230. killing someone by irresponsible behavior

A question that's always interested me is: if you do the exact same irresponsible behavior under the exact same circumstances except for something that makes the death not happen, is it as bad as 1230? is it worse? in other words, is intent the only thing that matters in cosmic morality (not legal) or should outcome be factored in?

No no you don't understand everything needs a definitive answer no questions or discussions or quandaries it's all black and white.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't mind non Weightlifting discussion. Afterall, Weightlifting is just a game...what's it worth if we aren't also good, decent people?

Just be respectful of one another.

5. Likes Cinnadom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's being processed within the justice system and is going to get punished. Unless he has some sort of psychological disorder he will experience guilt over the issue for the rest of his days, something that will far exceed any material punishment the state can impose. Any of the plans he had for his life; any of the things he enjoyed to do; all of the ways he enjoyed his freedom - they're all gone and will probably never be picked up or rebuilt to the same degree. When he comes out the other side of this his youth will be gone.

None of that nearly makes up for the loss of a life and the pain that causes the family of friends of the person killed, but it's worth noting nonetheless.

As a fan of weightlifting, I liked Scott Hisaka because he dripped hard work above talent. He lifted very impressive numbers despite technical / athletic limitations. His social media content was interesting. That's over and in time I'll have forgotten him. He and those affected by his actions will remember him though, for all the negatives.

I don't consider any of these rambling thoughts enlightening, but it's what I think about it nonetheless.

7. Likes Bulldog73, Blairbob, Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

As a fan of weightlifting, I liked Scott Hisaka because he dripped hard work above talent. He lifted very impressive numbers despite technical / athletic limitations. His social media content was interesting. That's over and in time I'll have forgotten him. He and those affected by his actions will remember him though, for all the negatives.

I don't consider any of these rambling thoughts enlightening, but it's what I think about it nonetheless.
    Really don’t think he’s the best example of hard work beating talent. Not saying he didn’t work hard but there was a reason he “retired” after Charis Chan got popped.
    Last edited by DylanJM; 12-13-2018 at 01:45 PM.

9. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately it does seem he was just another steroid abuser.

I remember at a meet, maybe Nationals 2015, he was talking with some younger athletes about partying. I didn't get all the specifics, but the gist of the conversation made it seem he was going to buy alcohol for some under aged athletes.

In general he just seems like not a great person. I have no idea about his upbringing, but at some point, no matter where you came from, the onus is on you as an autonomous person to take care of yourself.

11. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think some of his hard work dripped on her.

13. Likes mbasic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MPhelps View Post
    I think some of his hard work dripped on her.
    #savage

Post Thanks / Like
    It's weightlifting lads, I'm sure he wasn't taking anything that would make a regular in a Eastern European training hall so much as blink.