Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Hisaka Suspect in Fatal DUI

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    I doubt he'll have a hard time finding them on the inside...but it might take him a while to get there.
    Actually, getting things like hormones in prison isn't going to be easy. Most drugs smuggled into prisons, are ones that are easily manipulated into other substances. Paper can be soaked in a liquid drugs, sent as a letter, and then ingested for a high. Meth, heroin, cocaine, PCP, LSD, hash oil, etc can be smuggled in a million different ways, most easily on their liquid state, and they'll maintain their potency. I doubt stanozolol, or most anabolics will work using this method.

Not only is there a very small demand for anabolics in prison, there is an even smaller supply chain. Ingestibles are extremely difficult to smuggle and easily spotted. Injectable vials would be even harder to get in.

I'm sure for the right price, anything is possible. But it won't be easy or cheap. Most people who do this kind of thing won't risk it for one guy, or even a handful of guys. He isn't rich. And contrary to what movies tell us, sex isn't worth all that much in trade in prison.

So he is going to get a lot smaller, and go through some hormonal changes. If he wants to stay big, he'll have to hit the yard with everyone else and get after that old school iron.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisG View Post
    Actually, getting things like hormones in prison isn't going to be easy. Most drugs smuggled into prisons, are ones that are easily manipulated into other substances. Paper can be soaked in a liquid drugs, sent as a letter, and then ingested for a high. Meth, heroin, cocaine, PCP, LSD, hash oil, etc can be smuggled in a million different ways, most easily on their liquid state, and they'll maintain their potency. I doubt stanozolol, or most anabolics will work using this method.

Not only is there a very small demand for anabolics in prison, there is an even smaller supply chain. Ingestibles are extremely difficult to smuggle and easily spotted. Injectable vials would be even harder to get in.

I'm sure for the right price, anything is possible. But it won't be easy or cheap. Most people who do this kind of thing won't risk it for one guy, or even a handful of guys. He isn't rich. And contrary to what movies tell us, sex isn't worth all that much in trade in prison.

So he is going to get a lot smaller, and go through some hormonal changes. If he wants to stay big, he'll have to hit the yard with everyone else and get after that old school iron.
    Its hard to pull out evidence of shit because its not like there are 100s of famous ex-cons but the most famous I can think of is Kali Muscle. He wasn't famous or rich before prison either but he definitely had access to steroids while inside and theres a lot of ancedotal stories of guards, ex-inmates, friends/families of inmates who say PED use is somewhat frequent. Not as frequent as "party" drugs like you say but it's definitely there.

The big names of ex-cons who go on to make videos of their bodybuilding and fitness levels all deny steroid use or its access in their prison facility but thats like trusting Illya to tell you about drugs in Kaz. Theyre ex-cons and can't for one admit to taking illegal substances and two they try to sell you on their programs and secret prison info so saying they took steroids would invalidate their methods.

Also their reasons for how they got their physiques are almost exactly how fake-natty's say they got their physiques. "I just worked out hours everyday and ate a ton of food". These are guys eating Top Ramen, tuna, powdered milk, peanut butter, and beans, cookies, and other treats everyday yet they jumping up pounds and pounds of lean muscle with very little progressive overload as again most will tell you they got it with just doing bodyweight reps.

Lastly prison is arguably the most high stress environment you can put a person in. We know stress doesn't do good things for sleep or recovery and there are professional athletes who are going everything prisoners are doing (working out hours a day at better facilities, eating food prepped by nutrionist, getting massages, taking PEDs, etc etc) but they still don't pack on the size prisoners do. The only argument that works for a prison environment is that there is evidence that a hostile and competitive environment can jack up testosterone production. This is counteracted by men not reacting well to such continual stress and competition though, men don't do well under infinite competition which is basically a prison environment so on one side more test but on the other more stress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PVCPipe View Post
    Its hard to pull out evidence of shit because its not like there are 100s of famous ex-cons but the most famous I can think of is Kali Muscle. He wasn't famous or rich before prison either but he definitely had access to steroids while inside and theres a lot of ancedotal stories of guards, ex-inmates, friends/families of inmates who say PED use is somewhat frequent. Not as frequent as "party" drugs like you say but it's definitely there.

The big names of ex-cons who go on to make videos of their bodybuilding and fitness levels all deny steroid use or its access in their prison facility but thats like trusting Illya to tell you about drugs in Kaz. Theyre ex-cons and can't for one admit to taking illegal substances and two they try to sell you on their programs and secret prison info so saying they took steroids would invalidate their methods.

Also their reasons for how they got their physiques are almost exactly how fake-natty's say they got their physiques. "I just worked out hours everyday and ate a ton of food". These are guys eating Top Ramen, tuna, powdered milk, peanut butter, and beans, cookies, and other treats everyday yet they jumping up pounds and pounds of lean muscle with very little progressive overload as again most will tell you they got it with just doing bodyweight reps.

Lastly prison is arguably the most high stress environment you can put a person in. We know stress doesn't do good things for sleep or recovery and there are professional athletes who are going everything prisoners are doing (working out hours a day at better facilities, eating food prepped by nutrionist, getting massages, taking PEDs, etc etc) but they still don't pack on the size prisoners do. The only argument that works for a prison environment is that there is evidence that a hostile and competitive environment can jack up testosterone production. This is counteracted by men not reacting well to such continual stress and competition though, men don't do well under infinite competition which is basically a prison environment so on one side more test but on the other more stress.
    I was a corrections officer at a prison for a couple years when I was younger. At least around here, anabolics were very scarce inside. Perhaps in other states that is different. Perhaps they were present, but we caught alcohol, tobacco, weed, pills, and liquid hard drugs regularly. But i can't remember any injectables or steroids of any kind. They were definitely the least found substance. And while not finding it doesn't mean it wasn't there, it does mean it was a whole lot more scarce, because everything else was found.

A lot of the large people you see in prison are that way from a combination of their size prior to entering prison, and/or the fact that they have nothing to do all day but work out. At my unit, if I remember correctly, we had 4 blocks of 1 hour during the week, and 6 different 1 hour blocks on weekends where general population inmates that weren't locked down could go out in the yard and train. The truly big guys were our there 4/6 hours per day, rain or shine, 100° or 10°. Those guys were also the ones we would see doing nonstop pushups and situps in their cell during count time, and trying to loop towels around things to make pullup bars. When you are locked in a cage all day with nothing but time to train and recover, for years and years at a stretch, you tend to get big. The only thing missing from the formula is nutrition. But if your family puts money in your commissary account, you can buy most of what you need.

And as I sit here, watching TV and typing all this, I realize how soft I am in comparison. I need to get me some of that inmate workout drive. Honestly, most of us would die, or at least wish for death, if we tried some of the volume some of these inmates do. Some Mr Olympia competitors probably couldn't hang.

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like prison workouts are often mostly upper body too. If you're not training your legs, your upper body is soaking up all those cals, making adding size to your upper body a lot easier too.

More on topic: I'll be interested to see what kind of sentence Scott gets. Two lives ruined for this senselessness.
    Currently reading: The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Just Finished Reading: City of Thieves by David Benioff

Friend me on Facebook

Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on whether he is the at fault driver. He probably is. The quality of his defense will no doubt play a major factor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendog View Post
    Depends on whether he is the at fault driver. He probably is. The quality of his defense will no doubt play a major factor.
    If they get him with a DUI is there anyway he's not at fault? Especially if they have 0 footage of the event, there seems to be no narrative you can craft that anyone would believe where the drunk guy who is still alive wasn't at fault.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PVCPipe View Post
    If they get him with a DUI is there anyway he's not at fault? Especially if they have 0 footage of the event, there seems to be no narrative you can craft that anyone would believe where the drunk guy who is still alive wasn't at fault.
    You need a very good lawyer and convince a jury.. was the other guy wearing a seat belt? was the other guy speeding? what was the other guy's driving history? was the vechle safe? You just gotta take away some of the liability from your end and place it on the dead guy. Look up Jim Leyritz and other celebrities.

Post Thanks / Like
    That’s really interesting incite on prison training.

How do they avoid injury?

I feel like some natural people train to their limit and beyond (injury). I know a non trivial amount of people, myself included, who will train as much as possible, limited only by soreness and injury.

Do you think prisoners were in general a much higher testosterone population? What were some BMIs they were achieving? How did kali muscle get so jacked?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFakeMaxAita View Post
    You need a very good lawyer and convince a jury.. was the other guy wearing a seat belt? was the other guy speeding? what was the other guy's driving history? was the vechle safe? You just gotta take away some of the liability from your end and place it on the dead guy. Look up Jim Leyritz and other celebrities.
    Is there a way to check if the other guy was also driving drunk at the time? Do they do that, or could Hisaka's lawyer just claim the guy was drunk/high/exhausted/etc with no proof either way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJonty View Post
    Is there a way to check if the other guy was also driving drunk at the time? Do they do that, or could Hisaka's lawyer just claim the guy was drunk/high/exhausted/etc with no proof either way?
    You can usually do post mortem testing to determine toxicity of various substances. I'm sure they're doing/asking for it.