Likes Likes:  56
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 World Championships, Ashgabat, TKM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    Nurudinov v Martirosyan isn't appealing? or Tatiana v Meng?
    Tatiana v Meng should be a battle for the ages.

Tatiana lost her Olympic gold in London by a kg to Team China. So I like to think there are personal scores to settle.

My bet would be on Tats to win the snatch gold, and Meng to win by 1kg in the total.

But having said that, there’s only eight athletes in the A session and super-heavyweights aren’t famous for speedy recoveries between disciplines. I think we’re therefore unlikely to see massive C&J world records given the short turn-around.
    Last edited by Cleddau; 11-08-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PVCPipe View Post
    I had heard Martirosyan wasn't competiting, if that was incorrect color me a bit more excited but still only a little. I was excited for full sessions, now its basically down to lifters.

0 interest in Tatiana v Meng.
    I also remember reading this but can’t remember where.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dholtsberry View Post
    I also remember reading this but can’t remember where.
    It was somewhere on reddit but there are now so many comments on a few different threads that I'm not going to dig through it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Expectations for Kitt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Tatiana vs Meng should be epic.

Aramnau was banned by Belarus for being a young dumbass for wrecking cars and drinking. Eventually got hurt, retired and then decided to train again besides coach again wherever he is living. Also it appears he married and had kids and probably stopped being a raging asshole like he was as a Jr.
    Last edited by Blairbob; 11-09-2018 at 07:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    Aramnau was banned by Belarus for being a young dumbass for wrecking cars and drinking. Eventually got hurt, retired and then decided to train again besides coach again wherever he is living. Also it appears he married and had kids and probably stopped being a raging asshole like he was as a Jr.
    Quite the life he's had, thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Jenny Arthur hits 5/6. 1st two Sn looked shaky but 106 finally looked sharp. Missed 138 which would have got her the bronze. All her jerks were forward as is typical.

Kitts does 168 222. Probably the worst technically I've ever seen him lift. Missed 174 twice. Forward without enough height and behind. 168 wasn't that sharp either. Maybe something was up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmoutain View Post
    he'll be offering online coaching soon.
    I see mash did a podcast with Elliot Hulse. Up next 'yo, train extremely stupid with Elliot and mash mafia.'
    It's called a reverse peak, max erry day and 10s on squats at 90% Monday before the meet

9. Likes thatmoutain liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching Kitts lifts again, it seems like he isn't timing the whip. Besides shifting fwd as he tends to do. A fuckton of heart to make those lifts.

Post Thanks / Like
    222 is a hell of CnJ for Kitts. That was 5th at 109. He could have finished top 5ish in the total if his snatches went better.

Ruslan bombed, and Martarosyan looked incredible. I didn't see his snatches, but his 230 and 240 CnJ looked solid.