Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Arnold?

Post Thanks / Like

2019 Arnold?

So I'm just dy trying to get ahead of the curve here on this. The only meet I care about doing anymore is the Arnold because of the prestige and it's close to where I live. I heard they were gonna cut it way down this year and cap it to 600? So myvquestioms are is this true and if so when does registration begin. I'll have to re-up my USAW membership for 70 plus do a local meet for 70 to qualify for it. That's 140 bucks, so If it's gonna be incredibly difficult to get into the Arnold this year I'd rather save my money and just keep lifting for fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pufatr01 View Post
    So I'm just dy trying to get ahead of the curve here on this. The only meet I care about doing anymore is the Arnold because of the prestige and it's close to where I live. I heard they were gonna cut it way down this year and cap it to 600? So myvquestioms are is this true and if so when does registration begin. I'll have to re-up my USAW membership for 70 plus do a local meet for 70 to qualify for it. That's 140 bucks, so If it's gonna be incredibly difficult to get into the Arnold this year I'd rather save my money and just keep lifting for fun.
    Yes, they are capping the entries to 600 lifters. Entry opens Nov. 1st

This is right on the link:

2019 American Open Series 1
    Competition dates: Feb 28 - Mar 3
    Qualification period: January 28, 2018 to January 27, 2019
    Registration Period: November 1, 2018 to January 31, 2019 (2pm MST)

Post Thanks / Like
    You can pay your usaw membership by monthly instead of lump sum.

Also elite wlers will be excluded from the count on the cap

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog73 View Post
    Yes, they are capping the entries to 600 lifters. Entry opens Nov. 1st

This is right on the link:

2019 American Open Series 1
    Competition dates: Feb 28 - Mar 3
    Qualification period: January 28, 2018 to January 27, 2019
    Registration Period: November 1, 2018 to January 31, 2019 (2pm MST)
    Ok so then I need to have done a meet and already qualified by nov 1 or I'm probably not getting a spot? I wasn't but planning on doing a meet until nov 17, so that would probably be a bad idea huh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so then I need to have done a meet and already qualified by nov 1 or I'm probably not getting a spot? I wasn't but planning on doing a meet until nov 17, so that would probably be a bad idea huh?
    It would be a good idea, but not necessary. Qualification period runs through Jan. 27th, 2019, that's when you need to have hit the qualifying total.

Better to register first to make sure you get a spot, but you run the risk of not hitting the QT and having to give it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be a good idea, but not necessary. Qualification period runs through Jan. 27th, 2019, that's when you need to have hit the qualifying total.

Better to register first to make sure you get a spot, but you run the risk of not hitting the QT and having to give it up.
    Well I'm not concerned about that, the qualifying total isn't an issue I'm just concerned it will fill up that day registration opens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'm not concerned about that, the qualifying total isn't an issue I'm just concerned it will fill up that day registration opens.
    If the QT is not a problem, then just register as soon as possible then focus on your meet Nov. 17. That's what I would do.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the QT is not a problem, then just register as soon as possible then focus on your meet Nov. 17. That's what I would do.
    Wait, you can do that? I thought you had to hit the qualifying total before you could register for the meet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, you can do that? I thought you had to hit the qualifying total before you could register for the meet?
    Good question, not sure if you can. I know some people did that for Master's Nationals before.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to hit the total before you register.