Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Arnold?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok last question lol. On the sign up sheet it's asked about coaches and I don't have any coaches, I've trained myself, but will I still get two "coach passes" like last year? I just want to make sure that I can still have a couple people with me in the back room to load the weights for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pufatr01 View Post
    Ok last question lol. On the sign up sheet it's asked about coaches and I don't have any coaches, I've trained myself, but will I still get two "coach passes" like last year? I just want to make sure that I can still have a couple people with me in the back room to load the weights for me.
    yes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog73 View Post
    You can open heavier, no problem, and no limit on how much heavier in my understanding. The rule is primarily to keep you from posting a 230 total and opening with a total less than 210.
    Are they forced to open at least at a CnJ makes up the necessary total? Or do they just get DQd if they enter a CNJ that’s too low?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogie roll View Post
    Are they forced to open at least at a CnJ makes up the necessary total? Or do they just get DQd if they enter a CNJ that’s too low?
    My understanding is that you're forced to open with CJ to make up the necessary total. Keep in mind, that they're checking your opening total based on what you declare at weigh-ins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda sucks you’d have to watch someone who lied bomb CnJs for 6 minutes straight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogie roll View Post
    you actually have to declare within 20. they wouldn't let me declare lower even though i always go up on openers. i just leave room for changes unless i need time for whatever reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnadom View Post
    Email events@usaweightlifting.org and tell them your USAW number and what you want to change entry total too. You should have until the Verification of Entries meeting to make any changes, which is Tuesday, Feb 26th earlier in the day. The verification meeting is the last time you can change it, which is an online event and you just message them with any final changes.
    Does anyone have luck with this? I emailed with a weight class change and got no response.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewc64 View Post
    Does anyone have luck with this? I emailed with a weight class change and got no response.
    Yes, I did this last year with AOS3 in Vegas. Keep in mind that last weekend was a major competition and Monday was a holiday (most federal businesses were not open).

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, at weigh in of all USAW meets we have your declared entry total and your declared opening lifts have to add up to 20kg less than your entry total, or closer. It is your responsibility to make sure your openers are within that 20kg rule. If you don't feel great warming up your clean and jerk and choose to lower your opener, and the opening lift total falls below 20kg less than your entry total, your opening lift will be declared no lift.

If you want to declare lower openers, than you must have lowered your entry total either by email before the competition or at the verification meeting, which is now usually held online the day prior to competition (for Juniors it was Wednesday 12 EST for 30 minutes)

Post Thanks / Like
    For AO1 at the Arnold the verification meeting (which is the FINAL time you can change weight class or entry total) will be held Tuesday Feb 26th from 10AM until 10:30AM Mountain Time. After that, both are locked in.