Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Compression Shorts

Post Thanks / Like

Compression Shorts

I am 60 years old and have been lifting for 25 years just to stay in shape. My problem - I have about 4 old pairs of "Bike" compression shorts that I wear under my gym shorts (Bike, the manufacturer that was bought out by Russell Athletics). Since Bike no longer makes these 100% nylon, 87% polyester, 13% elastane shorts, I am looking for a comparable true compression shorts ...not cycling shorts. Struggling on the internet

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Virus or McDavid.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you can find some decent compression shorts at any sporting goods store. I buy Under Armor or Nike at a local Dick's Sporting goods.

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer the Under Armour Core Shorts. Best ones I've found in terms of giving a good amount of compression while not being terribly expensive either. Looks like they don't have many on the actual store now, but you can find the same ones on Amazon or ebay pretty cheap.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/me...ts/pcid1271461

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnadom View Post
    I prefer the Under Armour Core Shorts. Best ones I've found in terms of giving a good amount of compression while not being terribly expensive either. Looks like they don't have many on the actual store now, but you can find the same ones on Amazon or ebay pretty cheap.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/me...ts/pcid1271461
    Thanks!! I've been looking for some good ones to replace the Eastbay shorts I have. I have the first version of their Evapor compression shorts which were really good, but I don't like their new 2.0 version at all. I'm going to check these out!!

BTW, do they seem to be see through at all?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog73 View Post
    Thanks!! I've been looking for some good ones to replace the Eastbay shorts I have. I have the first version of their Evapor compression shorts which were really good, but I don't like their new 2.0 version at all. I'm going to check these out!!

BTW, do they seem to be see through at all?
    Those aren't see through at all. I've worn just those while lifting before (the black ones, not the white pair). I do have a pair of the white ones but they're a little more see through, but not much at all. They're a lot thicker material than the evapor stuff. I bought a few pairs of them before and didn't like them for how thin and see through the material was.

Just a note if you search for them, there's the HeatGear Core Shorts and there's also the Core Short Pro, which are a different pair. They're even thicker, and use a less stretchy material in some areas. I tried those before but I found them not flexible enough, one pair ripped the first day I used them while snatching. If you get the Pro version I'd make sure you don't size down at all, or if anything go up one size.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnadom View Post
    Those aren't see through at all. I've worn just those while lifting before (the black ones, not the white pair). I do have a pair of the white ones but they're a little more see through, but not much at all. They're a lot thicker material than the evapor stuff. I bought a few pairs of them before and didn't like them for how thin and see through the material was.

Just a note if you search for them, there's the HeatGear Core Shorts and there's also the Core Short Pro, which are a different pair. They're even thicker, and use a less stretchy material in some areas. I tried those before but I found them not flexible enough, one pair ripped the first day I used them while snatching. If you get the Pro version I'd make sure you don't size down at all, or if anything go up one size.
    Thanks for this. I'll likely look at the HeatGear Core Shorts then. Living in AZ we don't get all that cold and I usually wear sweats over them anyways.

I've been disappointed in the new Evapor 2.0 gear as well, material is way too thin, IMHO!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all. You gave me some good choices to explore. I prefer the thicker yet stretchy material.