Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Russian classification system

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog73 View Post
    Please don't take offense, but why would you use a system that's based around programming designed for doping??
    None taken. I have found, over a long time of trial and error, the appropriate training volume for me based off of the numbers in Roman's book for my appropriate classification. I can see the recommended NL for my class and then increase/decrease based off of how I am feeling heading into the phase. I guess any system would work, but I've been using that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie View Post
    Are they available online?
    http://uwf.net.ua/Content/CmsFile/ua...1%80%D1%80.doc

page 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie View Post
    Thanks! Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but why is the extension kz for the Russian standards?
    Dunno, just a fitness website. But the source is rfwf.ru, the official Russian WL fed. I tried to locate the original PDF there but couldn't atm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great thread. I think a lot of us can aspire to certain classifications. The top one of international class is probably impossible for most people. CMS and possibly MS are targets for good, semi-professional (all the training, none of the perks) folks out there.

5. Likes psstein liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of questions,maybe you guys know the answer ??

According to this wikipedia article : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unifie...SSR_and_Russia , the classification system in russia is the same for all sports and was first established in 1935 and has been reviewed, the last ? occuring in 1970 .

Not knowing who first created it,i've found some references to the PASM process, Novokin and Ozolin being the founders. Maybe i'm confusing the subjects here and to add to that confusion, according to Takanos on page 24 Medvedyev developed the PASM concept for weigthlifting??

Who established the classification system,a single individual or the Russian Government ??

I also found the american classification system but probably outdated considering the new weigth classes : file:///D:/Profile/Downloads/USAWclassificationsystem1%20(1).pdf

Any other countries that you are aware follow the same system??

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

In Russia sport federation establish classification system, Ministry of Sports approve it.
    for WL federation here are new classes criteria
    https://rfwf.ru/upload/iblock/fed/%D...28.12.2018.pdf

don't know is it already approved, but approving is kinda formal.
    Last edited by ratschbumm; 04-09-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    Sheesh, this would be a quiet board otherwise...

Hahahahahahaha...