Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: CLEAN AND JERK: Video Series by Coach Harvey Newton

Post Thanks / Like

CLEAN AND JERK: Video Series by Coach Harvey Newton

SportsEdTV has set up simple, easy-to-follow lesson plans to help you learn to clean and to jerk.

https://sportsedtv.com/blog/learn-to-clean-jerk/

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like Coach Harvey Newton's approach

Post Thanks / Like
    The jerk is relatively simple he says...I guess I will just keep telling myself that

4. Likes Blairbob, Cinnadom, jockomoron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jerk is a relatively simple movement, but you need to have all the pieces on place mobility as well as stability wise, from head to toe. I recently discovered key areas of weaknesses for myself to be the actual ankle itself (stemming from poor lateral glute stability, meaning the ankle had to do all the work, meaning I now have a painful impingment, meaning I do not trust that leg to split properly with), and the thoracic spine area (a small level of immobility caused the range of movement to be impeded overhead significantly). Oblique strength was also a bottleneck for me. These things don't get mentioned in any of these instructional videos. Every person is unique.

The clean is a joke easy movement, the snatch is not much more complicated, and the jerk is probably the most athletic of the three but is quite straightforward as well. However, having the strength, mobility and athleticism to perform them with any weight is a different story.

Post Thanks / Like
    The lesson plan is simple....not the movement :-)