Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Help with shoulder mobility + (p)rehab exercises

Post Thanks / Like

Help with shoulder mobility + (p)rehab exercises

Does anyone know what to call these shoulder mobility and (p)rehab exercises (starting around 40 seconds in):

Are these types of movements better for mobility and (p)rehab than the traditional movements (front raises, side raises, external/internal rotations etc. with bands and/or light weights)?
    Does anyone have any good exercises to help with shoulders? I've recently started getting some pain in my left shoulder (especially when I snatch press or even when I am doing an overhead shoulder stretch).

Post Thanks / Like
    I think if you google 'Mace training' or perhaps 'Indian Club' training you might find some direction in regards to what is actually shown in that clip.

It is however a bit nebulous to kind of throw exercises at something when a more precise diagnosis and solution would be better.

Whilst someone 'could' have a problem with their shoulder rotation, it could also be a problem of thoracic extension or scapular mobility.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah shoulders are complicated. If you are already experiencing pain, you need to figure that out before you introduce a bunch of random stuff.