Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zlatan Vanev interview for a TV show translated

Post Thanks / Like

Zlatan Vanev interview for a TV show translated

I just got an interview with the 3-time world champion Zlatan Vanev translated. It was actually pretty interesting. Of course, there was the usual stuff about drugs and Abadjiev, but he also spoke about the Bulgarian/Azerbaijan federation, as well as complications with Valentin Christov/Boyanka Kostova.

Not sure what to make on his thoughts on drugs - 'I don’t want to talk about doping, but I think it is not as important as people think. Everyone says that those who are on top of the world take drugs but they don’t look at their training.' Seems like this is a pretty common excuse made by those who have gone through the brutality of a system like the Bulgarian system and don't want their efforts lost under the umbrella of 'drugs'.

Enjoy!

https://www.weightliftinghouse.com/2...ull-interview/

2. Likes Hawkpeter, Blairbob, Clifton Peele liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great stuff. Vanev is one of my weightlifting heroes.

4. Likes Seb WL House liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not my favorite technician, but that guy defines bad ass. Sheer aggression applied to a barbell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Not my favorite technician, but that guy defines bad ass. Sheer aggression applied to a barbell.
    Yeah his five attempts at 210 kg is one of the greatest weightlifting videos. Rugged but fierce!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb WL House View Post
    Yeah his five attempts at 210 kg is one of the greatest weightlifting videos. Rugged but fierce!
    Is it actually 210 though? When he drops the bar a white 5kg plate falls off.

Which means it is at least 215 (if not more).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleddau View Post
    Is it actually 210 though? When he drops the bar a white 5kg plate falls off.

Which means it is at least 215 (if not more).
    Watch it again, that white plate that goes flying was already on the floor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CNL View Post
    Great stuff. Vanev is one of my weightlifting heroes.
    Vanev is a giant piece of shit, subjecting underage girls to serious steroid abuse causing infertility etc.

Come at me bro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1llusion View Post
    Watch it again, that white plate that goes flying was already on the floor.
    Thanks - I watched the video on my phone and didn’t notice that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb WL House View Post
    I just got an interview with the 3-time world champion Zlatan Vanev translated. It was actually pretty interesting. Of course, there was the usual stuff about drugs and Abadjiev, but he also spoke about the Bulgarian/Azerbaijan federation, as well as complications with Valentin Christov/Boyanka Kostova.

Not sure what to make on his thoughts on drugs - 'I don’t want to talk about doping, but I think it is not as important as people think. Everyone says that those who are on top of the world take drugs but they don’t look at their training.' Seems like this is a pretty common excuse made by those who have gone through the brutality of a system like the Bulgarian system and don't want their efforts lost under the umbrella of 'drugs'.

Enjoy!

https://www.weightliftinghouse.com/2...ull-interview/
    Thanks for putting this up.

I don't know if "excuse" is the best term...his competition were playing on the same field as him in regards to Doping so of course that brings his training approach back into relevancy...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    Vanev is a giant piece of shit, subjecting underage girls to serious steroid abuse causing infertility etc.

Come at me bro.
    Tell me more about this. I just like his tenacity as a lifter and bad haircuts. Outside of that I know very little about him.