Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: European Championships - All Links

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
    Man, Godelli can't buy a white light.
    So many red lights for the very slightest of pressouts. Even ones that are hard to spot in slowmo. The worst one I saw was a Norwegian female who locked out the bar a bit slow, but there was a continuous upward motion. I don't believe that is a pressout, but the jury stayed seated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Technically a push press goes to arm's length in one smooth motion, and could count in competition. Potentially even a strict press, why not? The semantics of this sort of thing are quite vague. Similar to in powerlifting, where 'you must pause the bar on the chest' on bench, but when something reverses direction, even for a split second it will be stationary.

I haven't seen the 81s but got it spoiled a few places with Godelli bombing. I am sad about that, because he looked in good shape. These guys open so fucking high, man.

Post Thanks / Like
    A strict or even push press definitely wouldn't be legal under the rules:

The athlete bends and dynamically extends the legs and arms
    simultaneously to move the barbell upward in one motion to the full extent of the
    arms, while either splitting or bending the legs.
    (from TCRR 2.3.2)

That requires the legs to be bent and extended at the start of the jerk and for the jerk to be caught in either a split or a squat position. A strict press (no leg bend at start) or a push press (no leg bend at catch) would not satisfy that rule.

There is also 2.5.1.4:

Finishing with a press-out, defined as: continuing the extension of the arms after
    the athlete has reached the lowest point of his / her position in the squat or split for
    both the Snatch and the Jerk.
    Both a strict press and a push press would involve continuing the movement of the arms while the lifter is not descending any further.

One approach that does allow a slow arm movement is a squat jerk. Under the rules, as long as the lifter is descending in the squat and the arms make a single movement, they can complete the lockout fairly slowly. I think some squat jerkers take advantage of this, continuing to ride the squat down while they lock their arms even if they could have halted the squat higher.
    If I link to Weightlifting House a lot, that's because I'm the editor there. I want your weightlifting news!

4. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good clarification!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just for clarity here is the lift at 45:00. Feel free to watch the Swedish lifter as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lasha snatches 218kg then skips his final attempt. Maybe he's going all out for the C&J.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezazadeh View Post
    Lasha snatches 218kg then skips his final attempt. Maybe he's going all out for the C&J.
    Dont feel bad buddy. You were good too! 213 is nothing to sneeze at...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Dont feel bad buddy. You were good too! 213 is nothing to sneeze at...
    Salimi snatched 216kg in 2016 but Lasha's current WR has only beaten that by 2kg, given Lasha is seen as such a superhuman beast I don't think Salimi gets enough credit for that snatch

I think he will when Lasha pops hot soon enough though

Also, a lot of these top 109+kg guys struggling to break 230kg on the cl&j, makes Moradi's 233kg at 94kg even more impressive

Post Thanks / Like
    That 240kg clean by Aleksanyan was insane lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    260kg c&j by Lasha then skips his third attempt, long live Rezazadeh (and Taranenko).

New WR in snatch, C&J and total. Not too shabby.