Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Asian Championships 2019 (20th-28th April)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleddau View Post
    1. The entire country got banned from competing internationally for a year (2017); and

2. They've already lost half their team spots for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics; and

3. There were rumours at the Asian Games that at least one of the well-known Chinese athletes has just been popped with public disclosure to follow soon.

Even if #3 is just a rumour, it would be hard to conclude that they aren't doping. At best you could say that they don't appear to be systematically doping.
    I think they're still good for full teams, but I think the way the numbers crunch, if they lose enough from here on in before Tokyo, they actually miss out completely. Someone will correct me but there are 2 time periods to consider...... the total adverse findings for a country post 2012 and then within the current Olympic cycle? So the only possibilities for China are zero lifters or full team.

Again, someone with their finger on the pulse will helpfully chime in no doubt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the responses. Obviously it would be huge news if one of their athletes got popped between now and Tokyo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Djuraev +18kg in 6 months... #ILiftClean

The W81 winner lifted less than the W55 champ! Thanks to all the federations voting for these meme categories.

And China can only have 4+4 or 0 lifters in Tokyo. They're at 7 sanctions since Beijing and 10 is the first threshold. However, if reached they're excluded for amassing 3 within the qualification period.

4. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does it reset to 0 for all nations after Tokyo or is it a rolling period type thing so individual sanctions stop being counted every so often?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    Djuraev +18kg in 6 months... #ILiftClean

The W81 winner lifted less than the W55 champ! Thanks to all the federations voting for these meme categories.
    The way it was explained to me by people who were involved, the reason why the IWF Executive Board decided to establish ten weight classes was because if they reduced it to seven to match the IOC medal counts then:

1. They would be making the IOC decision to reduce the number of weight-classes permanent.

2. They felt that it would be harder to prevent the IOC from make further reductions in the weight-classes to six or fewer i.e. it's easier to cut the number from seven to six than ten to six.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    Does it reset to 0 for all nations after Tokyo or is it a rolling period type thing so individual sanctions stop being counted every so often?
    The team quota policies were defined specifically for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.

It's impossible to say what the selection policies will be for the Paris 2024 Olympics until they are published - which traditionally happens in the year following the Olympics i.e. 2021.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alihosseini getting outlifted by Moradi's recent first lifts (but he's coming back from injury so I'm being harsh).

Davoudi gets gold in the +109kg with 195/237 for a 432 total. Those are new PBs in the clean and jerk and total for him, he just turned 20 last month. He looks capable of 200/245 at worlds and those numbers would put him in medal contention at Tokyo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Li Wenwen with a new W87+ snatch record of 147kg ... at 19 years of age.

Outstanding effort!