Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pan-American Championships 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    Solid performance by Wes but he got a bit lucky with that last jerk.
    I’m surprised it stood too, but it’s close. You could say it’s pure shoulder movement from the second angle USAW posted. All the lifter can do is fight for it and get it locked out overhead and make the judges have a decision to make. In that sense he wasn’t “lucky” or he made his own luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    Solid performance by Wes but he got a bit lucky with that last jerk.
    Nah, good call based on dozens of other calls I saw over the week. It would certainly have been more of a WTF call had it been turned down.

3. Dislikes Blairbob disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    Yeah I felt like a dope the minute I posted that tbf. Most strength athletes jump at the chance to gain weight so there’s obviously more at play here. Tian Tao looks a little soft aesthetically as a 96 but he made the jump in short order and is competing at that level. So I’d just assumed that’s the thing to do. However judging by her most recent tweets people idly speculating on the Internet about this is severely irritating her, and what seems obvious and easy isn’t.

Bottom line is that we can all agree she’s been an amazing lifter the past couple of years and Tokyo shouldn’t be her last quad so she’s got plenty of her career ahead to figure all this out and get better luck on comp days.
    Ha, no worries...I think the easy speculation that she doesn't "want" to gain weight is at least a very one-sided view of the situation, there's plenty of other factors she's alluded to that would make the process a real long-term effort.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a link to a ranking for how the US Tokyo squad is looking?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogie roll View Post
    Is there a link to a ranking for how the US Tokyo squad is looking?
    I'm sure that, as USAW moves toward selecting the team for worlds, that U.S. team list for worlds will have folks ranked by ROBI. . . perhaps in terms of both the class in which they compete and the relevant Olympic class. That being said, the points system for qualifying for Tokyo is such that it is a bit difficult for any single country to lay out how their "Tokyo squad" is looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I’d seen it before but I can’t find US lifters ranked by ROBI

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendog View Post
    Nah, good call based on dozens of other calls I saw over the week. It would certainly have been more of a WTF call had it been turned down.
    UH...no

https://i.imgur.com/XvLFErK.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn’t say it was a great lockout and I don’t need a still photo to see exactly what the still photo shows. I’m just saying based on what calls were and were not made over the weekend, I’m not surprised he got the call.

10. Likes Bulldog73 liked this post
    Dislikes Blairbob disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was a pressout. At Europeans that would be 9 red lights. But a good lift is a good lift and I'm sure they will be working on things!

12. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we all remember, Matty had a helluva time training and cutting to make 63 back then. Her numbers significantly boosted when she moved to 69.

At some point, she started using accutane which was one of the reason she had a hard time filling out 69 much less training over. It's known to have a plethora of side effects including affecting digestion, diarrhea, liver toxicity, weight loss and gain, AND a decrease in bone mass. She's off it now.

Anybody who has ever done water loading knows drinking a gallon of water in a day isn't really that difficult. It can be fucking annoying and you will end up taking a piss what seems to be every fucking 15-30 minutes. For fucks sake, I once drank a gallon of milk in 45minutes (15 minutes wasn't happening so it took me about another 30min to finish the last half gallon [may have also been on a bday and it felt heavenly afterwards probably bc that was a fuckton of calories and sugar]) after a workout.

She weighed in at 71.75 at the LV open to make 76. A gallon of fluid is 128 ounces. We will ignore the whole solid vs liquid and ounces and pounds and pretend that's an 8pounds or roughly 3.5kg meaning she would have weighed in at 68.25 otherwise. She was 69.87 at Worlds.

OTOH, many females seem to have a hard time water loading and cutting. It can be stressful af. I've known a few buddies who have had female SO who tried it and started to lose their shit on it.

Something else to consider is if she decided to cut back to 64, she'd need to cut about 5-6kg. If she has some issues with stress (she's also in school as I think she had finals this week) because training is stressful, cutting is stressful, internet haters is stressful, etc...that cut would also affect her numbers.

Let's say she moved down to 64. Her 1st international meet as a 69 she did 226. As a 63 she did 201 internationally. I'd have to dig to see if she totalled any lower than 226 as a 69 domestically or did more as a 63 stateside. She's good for a 235-240 total these days and she'd have to maintain that to bronze against Toma. Roughly figure she'd need low 220s to have a shot of being top8 to go to the Olympics BUT Sasser can total more than that 225-230 now and will probably push for more by next year. So in all likelihood, that isn't really that viable. Does anyone remember when Arthur dropped back to 69 from 75 at 2014 Worlds and lost 13kg on her total?

It's hard to say what she is eating exactly on RP but if you have ever checked out the table of food they recommend, it leaves out good bulking foods like Pizza, pasta, mexican, chinese food, ice cream, donuts, cookies, pastries, etc. There is only so much nuts and potatoes you can eat though I could probably eat a few bowls of potatoes or rice no problemo. OTOH, for ppl who cut out such foods to "eat clean," it seems to really fuck up their digestion. TBH, we don't know if she can do dairy (yeah, I always find it weird and sad when caucasian ppl are lactose intolerant) or can hit it hard.