Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: i think this is huge

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    For someone who is normally pretty clued up I expect better of you here - Hubbard gets outlifted in WL by Tatiana Kashirina by 70kg and Mary Gregory is outlifted in Masters PL by Ileja Strijk to the tune of 100kg.

There may or may not be good reasons why MTF Lifters should or should not compete against other Female Lifters but these two cases don't demonstrate MTF superiority.
    You're comparing the absolute best ov the best, proven after years and years ov elite competition, to the first two trans lifters to pull this prank? Jesus man, come on now. Man (whether 'still' a man or not) vs woman will never EVER be anywhere near the same continent as fair.

Whatever happened to that WSB superstar, Matt Kroc? He came out and is now full transsexual, i think, i dont remember (i dont follow powerlifting, at all). Is it fair for Westside's best mutant monster to compete with women now? Because by the rules, thats what you're allowing. Hey, this guy was born a genetically gifted male, then took copious amounts ov steroids for over a decade, but now say's he's a woman, so hey... he can compete with women. SOUNDS FAIR...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    I was actually wrong, its not 18months, its 12 months.

This is the actual quote from the IOC consensus meeting on sex assignment and hyperandrogenism, issued in November 2015.

'must demonstrate that her total testosterone level in serum has been below 10 [nanomoles per litre] for at least 12 months prior to her first competition'
    RIP women's sport.

3. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    You're comparing the absolute best ov the best, proven after years and years ov elite competition, to the first two trans lifters to pull this prank? Jesus man, come on now. Man (whether 'still' a man or not) vs woman will never EVER be anywhere near the same continent as fair.

Whatever happened to that WSB superstar, Matt Kroc? He came out and is now full transsexual, i think, i dont remember (i dont follow powerlifting, at all). Is it fair for Westside's best mutant monster to compete with women now? Because by the rules, thats what you're allowing. Hey, this guy was born a genetically gifted male, then took copious amounts ov steroids for over a decade, but now say's he's a woman, so hey... he can compete with women. SOUNDS FAIR...
    You were the one who mentioned those two, presumably to show how they were "cleaning house", and so I felt the need out that that was only situationally true...

I'm not aware of the specifics of Kroc's transition but depending on what that showed then I would have no problem with that in principle, yeah.