Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Weightlifting Gyms While Travelling

Post Thanks / Like

Weightlifting Gyms While Travelling

Hoping to see if anyone has recommendations for weightlifting gyms to train at while traveling in; Singapore, Italy or Greece? Also the USA, but we have some ideas there. We would love to support independent gyms.

While I'm at it, I thought I'd also share this Google Doc for anyone else who may find it useful while traveling. It maps out Black Iron Gyms, though not necessarily those with access to WL specific things like women's bars or bumper plates. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit?mid=1mucTh9i9FNbtgF-vXhYoMEOLkM3n5WA5&ll=2.3851724486495733%2C-156.96549199174268&z=3

Post Thanks / Like
    I travel a lot in the US. If you can’t find a weightlifting specific gym, I recommend searching for CrossFit gyms. Many CF gyms have welcomed me outside of open gym times. Often during their class times. Most have pound plates but have everything else you need. Other options are Anytime Fitness and Gold’s Gym. Typically no jerk blocks. So you’ll need to work around it fo the day. Be glad to help you out if you are in the Jackson, MS area.

3. Likes funky_cold_medina liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bj.parker002 View Post
    I travel a lot in the US. If you can’t find a weightlifting specific gym, I recommend searching for CrossFit gyms. Many CF gyms have welcomed me outside of open gym times. Often during their class times. Most have pound plates but have everything else you need. Other options are Anytime Fitness and Gold’s Gym. Typically no jerk blocks. So you’ll need to work around it fo the day. Be glad to help you out if you are in the Jackson, MS area.
    Thank you, I will keep that in mind. We may well be in Jackson- our itinary is very loose. We need to get from NYC to SF, just unsure of the route we will take. I will hit you up if in town!

Singapore worked out really well. The Singapore Weightlifting Federation allows drop-ins in the evening, and we trained with the National Team. It was wonderful watching the other lifters train.