Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: creatine - cycle or continuous

Post Thanks / Like

creatine - cycle or continuous

Would you advise to stop taking creatine during periods of no training, or to continue taking it? (I’m thinking about the two months that I will be away from the gym this summer.)

I know that this has been asked before and also that there are some older research articles addressing the question, but i’m not sure if the current opinions have changed in recent times.

If you advise to stop taking it, does it matter how you come off of it (suddenly, slowly decrease amount, etc.)?

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesnt really matter how you come off it, especially if you eat enough meat, moreso pork or beef and fish. Eggs, dairy and shellfish seem to have considerably less especially shellfish.

If you're not training, no you dont really need any exogenous unless you have some sort of creatine defiency syndrome ala CCDS. Which you probably dont have if you are on this forum or weight training/lifting.

Ive been pretty inconsistent with creatine use for the past few months and just about none but maybe a few servings the past couple of weeks. That being said, I still eat a fair amount to a lot of meat every day (about a pound to 2+) and Im fine. Brain still works, libido is fine besides my vitality so long as I have enough sleep and food.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're not training at all, then dont bother wasting money, unless you have injuries you're trying to get past. If you're training, just stay on. I've found that the only thing that happens when you cycle off, is that the effect goes away. I've been on it 365 days a year since 2006, massive doses much ov that time, no issues. If you're natural, its all you got.

As for how to come off it, if you must, it doesn't matter. Any time i have, its been because i ran out and couldn't get more, read: cold turkey. No problems. Its not a gram ov test...

Post Thanks / Like
    I already have a surplus (bought two 1.5 kg containers when it was on sale), so I think that I will just keep taking it. I did not know that it helps with injuries, which is something that I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie View Post
    I already have a surplus (bought two 1.5 kg containers when it was on sale), so I think that I will just keep taking it. I did not know that it helps with injuries, which is something that I have.
    Well, its no GH, but it aids in recovery, so why not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie View Post
    Would you advise to stop taking creatine during periods of no training, or to continue taking it? (I’m thinking about the two months that I will be away from the gym this summer.)

I know that this has been asked before and also that there are some older research articles addressing the question, but i’m not sure if the current opinions have changed in recent times.

If you advise to stop taking it, does it matter how you come off of it (suddenly, slowly decrease amount, etc.)?
    There is no advantage to cycling creatine. It doesn't require it. You can start and/or stop at any time. There are no negative side effects.

There is also no advantage to taking it if you aren't training. But again, there is no disadvantage either.