Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nutrition in offseason (when you don't have access to gym)

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah but does that stay like that or not

also insulin, which carbohydrate intake induces, is antagonistic to shbg

realistically, nutrition doesn't matter a huge amount outside of right amount of calories, sufficient protein for anabolism + anti catabolism, enough carbs to fuel training. fat is easy to get enough of and that just leaves whatever to fill in the gap of calories.

none of these studies are really done on sports nutrition and that might be a confounding factor. also, relying on people to report calories accurately IRL is an absolute shitshow, so idk, i take it with a grain of salt.

On that last point, look at this:
    9 middle-aged, white, healthy men (50–60 yr of age) were studied while they were consuming their usual high-fat, low-fiber diet and after 8 wk modulation to an isocaloric low-fat, high-fiber diet. Mean body weight decreased by 1 kg, whereas total caloric intake, energy expenditure, and activity index were not changed
    Energy intake and expenditure were not changed but they lost 1kg of bodyweight on average.
    Last edited by strapping; 07-06-2019 at 11:07 PM. Reason: i forgot a thing

Post Thanks / Like
    dietary fat is stored as fat more than carbohydrate and protein. CICO is just the tip of the iceberg

Post Thanks / Like
    CICO, sufficient protein intake and a variety of whole food sources isn't just the tip of the iceberg it's like 95%

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, yes.

There is a whole bunch of stuff like hormones but for most ppl, it's not worth fussing about. Way over their heads. It's dizzying to read about and understand. After awhile, I usually just think, "Ehh, fuck it. Time to move on and not give a shit."