Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SHW men have the worst technique.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO everyone perfectly doing the exact same 2 things the exact same way gets boring after a while.

2. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you guys ever got fat, you'd understand why.

4. Likes Blairbob, strapping liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    If you guys ever got fat, you'd understand why.
    I'm not SHW fat, but I do get it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog73 View Post
    I'm not SHW fat, but I do get it!!
    IT helps you lift more weight, but it's definitely not pretty.

7. Likes Bulldog73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    you're always pretty

I've often found myself liking skinny supers - there are so few "true" supers who actually move well, partially because of fatness, partially because of strength.
    Last edited by strapping; 07-27-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember ATG doing a side by side of some SHW clean and jerks, and surprisingly I thought Mart Siem had the best technique.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    I remember ATG doing a side by side of some SHW clean and jerks, and surprisingly I thought Mart Siem had the best technique.
    His clean is pretty good. His snatch and jerk are very rough tho IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love watching Chinese lifters because of their technical precision but ultimately I’ll always marvel at the most weight lifted above all else. Watching a man pick 260kgs off the ground and stick it over his head can’t be touched in the sport imo.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just thinking as to whether this observation applies as much for SHW women.

A lifter who I think doesn't get enough credit for their technical ability is Sarah Robles. Yeah she's big, but the bar moves beautifully for her. Tatiana is obviously technically outstanding, the Chinese girls I think lean on their body weight a little more.

There just isn't as much depth as the men for sure, but I guess it falls on the same sort of lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will say that Robles and Mangold moved well DESPITE how heavy they were/are. That's what really surprised me about Holly as she was quite bigger than preban Robles and even postban.

Robles actually has a very odd receiving position because of how long her legs are. Notice she has a wider than normal catch and her torso inclines quite a bit and she doesn't sit very deep.

I couldn't dig up Li Wenwen's height but she's actually 6kg heavier than Robles but noticeably slimmer and Robles is 5'10. Meng is 5'8. I actually looked at the rest of 2018 female supers, and they all have pretty darn sharp barpaths and even Robles doesn't seem to have hit the bar that far out to move around her girth. Now this is because of PED's

Ai Yunan has a meh Snatch technique but very solid CJ technique.

Meng and Li Wenwen have much sharper technique than Robles though Meng isnt as sharp on the CJ as Sn compared to WenWen. They just posted Meng doubling 230 and Sarah has an old 220 from the OTC up and she has done 230. But the difference in morphology and squat technique is very telling.