Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LSUS 10-5-3 Program by Dr Kyle Pierce

BS wise, from 10's to 5's, I went from 125 to 135. From 5's to 3's I went from 143 (3@152) to 154 (pinned on 2nd@159).

Decrease in reps was nice. Total squat tonnage of last week of 10's was 5113. First week of 5's was 2091. That's 41% but I calculated all the sets with bar from start to finish vs just over 60%.

If I wanted to calculate tonnage over 60% from the last week of 10's it would have been 2432. There was none over 70%. For first week of 5's over 60% it would be 1227, just over 58.7% of the last week of 10's. For over 70%, it would have been 648kg but there was nothing in the last week of 10's over 70% to compare it to.

I only used 3 week instead of 4 week phases. 2nd weeks of 5 and 3's phases were a helluva lot better and the 3rd week is where things generally topped out.

I don't have the data for week 3 of the 3's but from the last week of 10's to first week of 5's through 2nd week of 3's it looked like this:

125/10, 135/5, 147+/4, 143/5+152+/3, 154/3+159/1+pinned, 152/3

Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    That is how they are supposed to be. 90% of what you snatch deadlifted earlier in the week.
    Isn't that horribly light, though? There's probably a good reasoning behind this, but I'm not seeing it at the moment. Why do the pull at such a low percentage of the original lift?

(Not trying to attack the logic or anything, just trying to figure it out!)

Isn't that horribly light, though? There's probably a good reasoning behind this
    I think Tony explained earlier once that taking the 2nd day @90% of the first is easier on the body especially on the 4th day straight of volume. Maybe it's why I wasn't worth a shit on Saturday mornings. Could have been a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    I think Tony explained earlier once that taking the 2nd day @90% of the first is easier on the body especially on the 4th day straight of volume. Maybe it's why I wasn't worth a shit on Saturday mornings. Could have been a factor.
    This. Not everything has to be brutally hard for you to get results. I've seen people try to do a 10RM on clean deadlifts on the 2nd pull day, and they usually obliterate their backs.

Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    This. Not everything has to be brutally hard for you to get results. I've seen people try to do a 10RM on clean deadlifts on the 2nd pull day, and they usually obliterate their backs.
    Thank you for the answers!

Not everything has to be brutally hard for you to get results. I've seen people try to do a 10RM on clean deadlifts on the 2nd pull day, and they usually obliterate their backs.
    That's why I didn't use straps for the deads the whole cycle and didn't always RDL on Thursday. I can't remember if I used straps in 2014 but I wouldn't be surprised if I did and I ended up tweaking my back three times before I tapped out on the second week. Doing it again, I could probably Clean DL on the Tuesday but that could be rougher after the first day of squats. I may try it again come April.

After finishing the entire cycle, how do you adjust the maxes in the first tab? For a lot of the exercises, there aren't any new 1RM attempts done at the end.

This is exactly what should be done. Especially in 10's. You are supposed to work up to 10RM snatch grip deadlift, then thursday do clean grip 3-5x10 at 90% of your 10RM snatch deadlift.
    I hate it when you re-read things and have epiphanies. This would have changed the nature of the program this summer A LOT. My pull wouldn't have been as shot come Saturdays.