Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Volume destroys me. Change things up, or train through it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by b_degennaro View Post
    I tend to stick with the ranges outlined with Prilepin's since that is for absolute percentages. There are still days where I bring the absolute intensity up for the heavier guys but I try to make the majority of their lifting with reps at more moderate weights.
    Cool. Funnily enough I have always, always, always had far better progress from the beginning stages of a prep phase, and felt I peaked about week 6, rather than during any period when I was training heavier, singles etc. This may well be genetic as well, I realise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just as an update, I've been doing much less sets per exercise now in my sessions with great results. Now instead of 20 - 30 sets I'm doing 12 - 18. Recovery is much better, and I'm missing much less in training. Also been able to push some exercises a bit heavier (was often unable to press/pull as well at the end of my sessions).

Thanks for the help everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can increase your work capacity, but it takes time and requires discipline. Don’t rush into volume - it will build as you get fitter and more accustomed to repetitive training.

This afternoon I watched a world class 61kg class athlete attempt 18 clean and jerk singles between 150kg and 162kg. He didn’t miss a single clean and made 15 of the jerks. That is an exceptional work capacity - but it wasn’t built overnight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Morea Baru?

Post Thanks / Like

Volume destroys me Change things up or train through it

On MMA volume change can be done by the volume buttons, this happens by several steps and is for some situations to less responsive.

Sometimes id like to be able to change volume - also for the cast/stream feature - the same way seeking in the song by its seeking bar is possible: very fast and responsive by tapping/drawing on a volume bar.

I do not see such a volume bar in MMA. Would it be an idea to implement it?

How could i otherwise achieve that during playing a song?

6. Dislikes Blairbob disliked this post