Likes Likes:  46
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 worlds thread

Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to Alihosseini at 109kg+?

Very weak team from Iran.

But I am happy to see Iranian women make their world weightlifting debut, that is great news.

When was the last time Rostami competed? I don't remember seeing him for a long time.

Why does the Iraqi at 55kg have such an absurd entry total? Typo from IWF or his team messed up big time lol?
    Last edited by Rezazadeh; 09-17-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezazadeh View Post

When was the last time Rostami competed? I don't remember seeing him for a long time.

Why does the Iraqi at 55kg have such an absurd entry total? Typo from IWF or his team messed up big time lol?
    Rostami competed twice this year, with his last comp (internationally) in March where he went 172/220.

Regarding the "55kg" lifter, I assume you're still looking at the entry list rather than the start book. The lifter listed at 55kg is a 102kg lifter. He's competing in the 102kg B session.

3. Likes Rezazadeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Ahmed at 76 means Nye has a better chance at Bronze come Tokyo. It still will be a heated fight since gold and silver will go to China or NK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazingly the broadcasts on the Olympic channel aren't geoblocked here and crucially for me even available for replay. This is the easiest WWC ever.

If Egypt gets 2 years for the seven of 2016 then Russia will be gone until 2030 or what?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnadom View Post
    So the start book is out now. Iryna Dekha threw in a massive 286kg entry total in 76kg class. The WR only sits at 278kg right now. Her best total internationally is only 260kg back from 2016 with her most recent total only 226kg at Worlds last year.
    Shymechko (nee Kalina) from UKR too. Higher entry than her best at 63/64.

Those without a chance at Tokyo (in the "limited" countries) stay genuinely clean. Those with a shot however...?

If this is not a typo then her performance will mirror the sad London W75 podium (in more ways than just the total).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    No Ahmed at 76 means Nye has a better chance at Bronze come Tokyo. It still will be a heated fight since gold and silver will go to China or NK.
    At this moment in time it's unlikely that Zhang Wangli will be in Tokyo since she's not a guaranteed gold (unlike Hou/Liao/Deng/Wang).

8. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    Shymechko (nee Kalina) from UKR too. Higher entry than her best at 63/64.

Those without a chance at Tokyo (in the "limited" countries) stay genuinely clean. Those with a shot however...?

If this is not a typo then her performance will mirror the sad London W75 podium (in more ways than just the total).
    Dekha totaled 235kg like 2 weeks ago. The Ukrainian entry totals are fluff.

Kostova is however back snatching 100kg.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://uwf.net.ua/Content/CmsFile/ua...0%A3_woman.pdf

You're correct. But what happened at the verification then? The stuff in the start book is binding, usually. She gets disqualified if she can't open with e.g. 125/141.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there an official website to keep track of the results? I only see the live page with the live scoreboard and the live stream.

Also, Ali Davoudi from Iran will be competing at 109kg+ right? I saw his name on the entry list but not on the wiki page for some reason

Post Thanks / Like
    You can find the results on the IWF web site.