Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rogers moves to Catalyst

Post Thanks / Like

Rogers moves to Catalyst

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for her. She did seem stagnant for the last year or so, maybe a little more, and her crazy high volume looking routine could probably have used a shakeup. The coach involved is a classy guy, many youth coaches feel their athletes shouldn't dare leave them or claim any other coaching benefits throughout their entire career.

3. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not surprised she moved. I am surprised by the timing though. It would seem that this would have been a better move after the World Championships. She is really lucky that Camargo is such a classy guy. He could have told her to hit the road, leaving her in the lurch, and it wouldn't have been inappropriate.

Post Thanks / Like
    She totalled 239 at the 2016 PAC and hit the same in LV earlier this year a bit heavier. She missed 2 Cj in LV missing her opener (does that a lot).

She did about as well as she could have in 2018, but a 105 Sn just can't hang with the rest of the world and yet again something above 135 didn't happen.

2017 PAC she made one sn, missing her opener and her last sn and 136. That's really a comp she could have walked away with triple gold.

2017 Worlds had two misses on the CJ besides on 107.

Besides letting the bar come out a bit on snatches and cleans, and pushing it forward on jerks; in my humble fuck all opinion she does too much work with powers and %work thinking it will carry over to bigger lifts. The powers let her catch things a bit forward

I remember awhile back, Danny was having her do tall/high hang snatches and she posted about it and my buddy and I remarked to each other, she should have worked those years ago as a flaw we saw.

It's impossible to comment fully on her training without seeing her program, but I do think like Catalyst, it has a lot more volume at that 70-85% range which I know is all very prevalent in the Soviet, German and US programs.

6. Likes Bulldog73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard rumors that she didn't really follow the program. If true, that means Carmargo's biggest fault as a coach is not being more firm with her. It will be interesting to see if the change will make a difference, but in my experience, athletes that change coaches often simply can't take responsibility for their own results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    I've heard rumors that she didn't really follow the program. If true, that means Carmargo's biggest fault as a coach is not being more firm with her. It will be interesting to see if the change will make a difference, but in my experience, athletes that change coaches often simply can't take responsibility for their own results.
    i want to say Camargo was on the WL House podcast awhile back and said that the two had worked together long enough that, while he did the programming, he allowed her to adjust it as she saw fit. His reasoning being, as a coach, his job isn't necessarily to dictate what to do day in and day out (in training). Instead, after she reaches a certain level of proficiency, his job is to teach her to coach herself. To adapt to what works for her and what doesn't.

Personally, i would agree with Camargo. That being said, i don't know that its his job to be more firm with her. Guide her, sure.. but she's going to do what she's going to do and reap the benefits or consequences. If her total has stagnated then, it may not be entirely on the programming/coach, but the changes made. Also, i don't think I've read any particular reason why she chose to leave (from her own "mouth"). At first, i thought maybe she was simply moving (for school or whatever)

Either way, i'm sure under catalyst or Camargo, she'll do fine. if anything, maybe she's just too close to her potential in this weight class that any gain in performance after switching might not be all that much more than a change of pace.

9. Likes Gary Echternacht liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard rumors that she didn't really follow the program. ....
    aw man, good luck to greg and amy with that....
    Surprised they would take her on.(sure for the notoriety, but that's it)
    She's probably within 99% of her genetic potential at this weight/weight class.
    Very little chance at any upside whatsoever. Very good chance at going backwards, injuries, burnout, mental breakdown, etc
    Unless they see (think they see) glaring holes in her previous programming.

hope she like complexes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless they see (think they see) glaring holes in her previous programming.
    it's called she doesn't keep the bar close on Sn and Cn and pushes it fwd on jerks. Been that way forever.

A telling sign is she CJ more than other elites who outsnatch her. LIKHACHEVA Nadezda for one, Romela Begaj as another and ROMANOVA Anastasiia.

I haven't seen Matty do anything differently other than the time she worked on high hang snatches a bit with light weights under Danny. Volume, volume, powers, etc. Typical stuff. Which is also what Catalyst does though Greg seems to do a lot more technical variations that they post.

I mean, if something isn't gonna happen for the day and Danny isn't around, it's best just to get in what can and make that call. If it's, I don't feel/like doing this so I'm not, that's another thing.

I don't think she has more than a few kg in her rn on her CJ but she should definitely be snatching 107-109 if not 110 and 11 or 12.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard something similar. Apparently she would want to do more volume or lift heavier than the programming called for. Carmargo would try to convince her to train a bit smarter and hold back a little more, but she wouldn't listen.

13. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well she had to do something different right? I don’t think it will amount to much - especially if she doesn’t move. But, almost no improvement in total at how many kilos heavier?

(For the record I am more kilos heavier, less kilos stronger - #ithappens)

I hope the best for her, she brought a lot of attention to the sport. I don’t think Alwine and Nye would be where they were if Rogers wasn’t the mountain to climb. Sucks they killed her weight class...

15. Likes Bulldog73 liked this post