Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rogers moves to Catalyst

Post Thanks / Like
    The cuts are pretty hard. Some of my lifters were running on fumes in the final weeks of the cuts and performance often tanked. These lifters were working with personal coaches and not just following templates.

Post Thanks / Like
    The biggest snake oil salesman in the online weightlifting world (and now disappeared)
    Wu fucked him though Wu seems to have pretty much fallen off the map with the success of Ma and the other Chinese groups jumping into the bandwagon.

It's just a fucking joke, man. It's called having a sense of humor.

I question whether a pair of bodybuilders who aren't remotely natural should truly be serving a community, such as weightlifters wherein they do not have any experience (besides Bergeron and some other dude whose name I forget-he was in charge of the RP WL programs).

Look at their food lists in what their athletes are eating to hit their macros. If Rogers is their postergirl for nutrition for WLers, that isn't a very good example besides of course whatever training nuances she has and Camargo's programming.

3. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    Wu fucked him though Wu seems to have pretty much fallen off the map with the success of Ma and the other Chinese groups jumping into the bandwagon.

It's just a fucking joke, man. It's called having a sense of humor.
    I'm not sure why you were making a joke but I wasn't. Chill!

How did 'Wu fuck him'?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure why you were making a joke
    Why not?! Somebody needs to have a sense of humor.

At some point Wu decided he didn't need Kirk and they parted ways and he ended up doing seminars himself. He's running Daolifting now.

One might argue that Ma is a bigger snake oil saleman given what some of those Chinese elites had to say about him besides Nat. Broz might be lumped in there back in the day as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not?! Somebody needs to have a sense of humor.

At some point Wu decided he didn't need Kirk and they parted ways and he ended up doing seminars himself. He's running Daolifting now.

One might argue that Ma is a bigger snake oil saleman given what some of those Chinese elites had to say about him besides Nat. Broz might be lumped in there back in the day as well.
    Going solo is his perogative. Re-read what I said about making a joke. I was also making a joke but you are being super serious.

I will agree on the Ma thing, I heard that a few years ago. Was the summary of that incident that basically he promised Olympic champions and you got regional champions and none of the Chinese guys knew who he was?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ma lied to Lü, Liao, and Yu Jie saying he was going to take them on vacation in the US and show them NYC. Instead he plopped them down in a seminar in Brooklyn unbeknownst to them.

8. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was the summary of that incident that basically he promised Olympic champions and you got regional champions and none of the Chinese guys knew who he was?
    Was supposed to be training with the best and they ended up going to a private camp to train by themselves. Those still around were regional/national level guys just not the cream.

Post Thanks / Like
    Broz might be lumped in there back in the day as well.
    Don't get me started on Broz. He appeals/(ed?) to the worst "macho" instincts of the WL community.

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of moves, Strength Insider reported Hunter Elam, Nathan Damron, and Meredith Alwine are leaving Mash Mafia.

https://www.instagram.com/strength_insider/?hl=en

Post Thanks / Like
    SI also said Hunter was gonna check out Max/JTS. She's gonna need to do better than she did tonight as she had 207 and 203 in the books before. And she will need 3 more events. So figure PanAms and 2 more.

looking at the gals in the running for tokyo, hunter and lucero are roughly just as behind as alyssa and morgan but alyssa could do 190 or more to really pad her robi while i dont think king could do much more than 185ish. hunter really needed to hit that 212 and put in another 215-220 to rack some robi by tokyo. Even Jordan needs 205-210 as it stands now it seems.