Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rogers moves to Catalyst

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah her technique can be sharpened up at points. Difficult to do at the current point of her career.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would also agree that it will be difficult to do late in the game. Which is why things need to be done properly from the beginning or you are pretty much fucked for life. Old habits die hard. It's easy to revert back to ingrained technique when it gets into the 93-95% range.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the comment thread on Reddit that had 100+ replies to it and couldn't understand why anybody would bother commenting.

Because these conversations always seem ridiculously speculative to me. Surely the discussion should start after we have seen the consequences of changing coach?

I hope this doesn't make me sound like a cranky old curmudgeon.

4. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully you're not 35, otherwise it's all good.

and couldn't understand why anybody would bother commenting.
    You calling me out?

Unless you are training with a team, training solo in the back of a CF or in a globogym lacks the lockeroom and training shittalking that most sports have. If you were training in a training center as the elite of a nation, on your downtime you'd probably be shooting the shit around a table playing chess, checkers, smoking, what have you, etc.

WL is a dreary sport at times. Even if it's variations of SnCJSq, it's pretty much all the same though the looking glass. Day in, day out, especially if it's something like sets across at %.

After a meet at the hotel bar, pretty much general bullshitting and shitalking to blow off some steam.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there's an advantage for her to move to a female coach that does a lot of weight management stuff like Aimee does with WAG. Mattie is pretty much in limbo as far as an Olympic weight class, and from what I can tell, she isn't able to just put weight on. Pure speculation of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Except that Rogers is sponsored by RP not WAG.

If you look through the RP diet, it's way more restrictive than others. I mean, whaddya expect from some bodybuilders?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    If you look through the RP diet, it's way more restrictive than others. I mean, whaddya expect from some bodybuilders?
    This is what I don't like about RP. Not saying it doesn't work, but IMHO it's a bit restrictive for most strength athletes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why is it restrictive, you fatties?

Post Thanks / Like
    as Kirksman once said, fat is strong.

Post Thanks / Like
    The biggest snake oil salesman in the online weightlifting world (and now disappeared) said something outlandish? Say it ain't so!!

Fat is strong, sure, but RP is just macros and guidelines. If you ask Dr Mike if low gi vs high gi and brown this or white that, he will say it doesn't matter much. What did you find overly restrictive?