Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rogers moves to Catalyst

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't get me started on Broz. He appeals/(ed?) to the worst "macho" instincts of the WL community.
    that's because you don't even sn 70

Broz I will say is pretty interesting in person. I just dislike that he talked a big game back in the day with what Pat and other guys were doing and could handle and leaving out PEDS. I suppose I should have figured that was a given just like most elites will never talk about it. He didn't really with Bianco.

Post Thanks / Like
    What’s w Broz hate? It is kinda shady how juiced up Pat was. But at least it proved the point that an American can hit world class numbers.

He’s at least producing an elite lifter every 4 or so years.

Post Thanks / Like
    What’s w Broz hate? Lots of claims omitting the use of PED's. Josh actually got popped for a diuretic not AAS. Didn't help that Pat got popped twice, once for hgh and the other for turinabol.

He got everyone worked up without mentioning that one detail. I suppose there are a lot of naive guys out there who didn't realize why Pat was able to tolerate such heavy purported workload and that it wasn't simply "work harder."

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who claims a specific method of training is the best thing anyone can do regardless, and that they need to build up to it as quickly as possible and that's the only way otherwise you don't want it or are lazy, but leave out the heavy need for PEDs and other accessory/balancing training is both stupid and deceitful. The worst kind of Internet charlatan behaviour. Why is that any different than people touting Arnold's routine and if you can't handle the volume then you just aren't hungry enough? Insulting and belittling to anyone who is in the real world. Same goes with people saying 'buy this supplement for mega gains'. Broz wouldn't make direct cash in the same way, but he would get famous, write articles for people like T-Nation, get a lot of hits on YouTube and his store, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    Josh actually got popped for a diuretic not AAS.
    It was a known masking agent, it wasn't lemon juice.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was a known masking agent, it wasn't lemon juice.
    I am well aware of what Furosemide is.

Broz seems to have gotten pretty quiet after Pat popped again at PanAms. He had Bianco doing impressive things before he retired and just couldnt keep up with Maurus. Same thing with Tarrasco? Good, promising lifter but good luck on touching Maurus.

Post Thanks / Like
    double

Post Thanks / Like
    What’s w Broz hate? Lots of claims omitting the use of PED's. Josh actually got popped for a diuretic not AAS. Didn't help that Pat got popped twice, once for hgh and the other for turinabol.

He got everyone worked up without mentioning that one detail. I suppose there are a lot of naive guys out there who didn't realize why Pat was able to tolerate such heavy purported workload and that it wasn't simply "work harder."
    I'm not interested in rehashing in this thread, but it does need to be mentioned that Pat specifically said he wasn't using steroids and that he just worked harder than everyone else. Broz repeatedly insulted coaches/lifters as being lazy and incompetent. It was quite a bit more than just omitting the bit about PEDs.

8. Likes Blairbob, Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Matt, I never heard they said that back in the day. I must have totally missed it. I didn't dive into WL until late 2011 after a few years of some CrossFitting and focusing on gymnastics and being on Catalysts forum. I wish I could remember when I first got on the Pendlay forum. Not sure if it was before 2011.

I have looked up some old threads that were on BBing.com but missed Goheavy and some others (Chris Leroux's for example) in their day.

That's hellified damning. I remember thinking a few years ago, how could Broz maintain his good standing with USAW given his lifters sanctions.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's hellified damning. I remember thinking a few years ago, how could Broz maintain his good standing with USAW given his lifters sanctions.
    I'm not sure what the wording was before, but the USAW meeting minutes recently mentioned adding in wording about coaches/clubs being banned after amassing a certain amount of positives.

Any member club of USA Weightlifting which amasses 4 or more Anti-Doping Rule Violations, in a rolling 6 year period, as defined by the IWF Anti-Doping Code, USOPC Anti-Doping Code, USADA Protocol for the Olympic & Paralympic Movement and/or the WADA Code, or any code acting otherwise in accordance with the code, shall be permanently expelled from USA Weightlifting. The Club President (subject to a hearing before the USA Weightlifting Judicial Committee) and Club Head Coach (Subject to a hearing before the USA Weightlifting Judicial Committee) will also become permanently ineligible for membership, subject to a hearing before the USA Weightlifting Judicial Committee. In the event that the club has been owned, or coached, by more than one individual in the period, all of the individuals shall be permanently ineligible for membership. A violation is determined to be according the date of the test or in the case of a non-analytical finding the date of the charge, while the club is defined by the club of record at the time of the test or charge.

11. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Matt, I never heard they said that back in the day. I must have totally missed it. I didn't dive into WL until late 2011 after a few years of some CrossFitting and focusing on gymnastics and being on Catalysts forum. I wish I could remember when I first got on the Pendlay forum. Not sure if it was before 2011.

I have looked up some old threads that were on BBing.com but missed Goheavy and some others (Chris Leroux's for example) in their day.

Yeah 2010 was the worst. In 2011 Pat had to drop (mostly) the drugs and start competing with the Olympics in mind. That humbled the duo quite significantly, even before the first doping violation. He went from 420-430 internet total to 370-380 in real life.

13. Likes Blairbob liked this post