Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I hate you guys ;)

Post Thanks / Like

I hate you guys ;)

Ok well a couple months ago I posted this about programming just for jerk based because I have family obligations and I retired from lifting after achieving my main goal in 2017. http://wlforums.com/forums/showthrea...1840#post71840

Lots of you asked why I don’t just train normal?

Well wouldn’t you know I couldn’t help myself and I quit this jerk program 4 weeks ago and am now training somewhat normal so maybe I can qualify for masters nationals.

So thanks a lot. I thought I broke this habit but now I’m back (kinda). Well see how this plays out.

Still lots of challenges though. I only have about 55 minutes to train, and 2x a week. Luckily the qual total is only 214 so I should be fine if I’m smart and efficient. And accept that gone are my days of 285 totals.

2. Likes Blairbob, jockomoron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hahaha, it's a hellified habit to break. I didn't end up signing up for the IWF masters cup in SD then had some life shit happen (besides Glenn dying, an old gymnast of mine passed away unexpectedly reasonably).

I didn't lift for about 11 days and I thought I was just burned out and sick. Still don't know if it's allergies from the first rains or a sinus infection.

I did manage to lift on monday pretty feebly after a very short session on Saturday where even warming up was winding me. Luckily warming up wasn't so bad but the bar was a mofo.

I'm still debating on whether I want to compete as I had been gearing up to but I can't make a meet in Oct and dunno about November.

I'm kinda tinkering with the idea of just Sn one day and CJ another besides a few days of gpp and cardio because I'm out of shape and fatter from the ice cream I ate those 11 days. Figured I was sick, might as well eat ice cream right?

I may just do bar work and keep up squats, presses and pulls omitting lifts until I feel like training again in an organized manner. Which might be Sean Hutchinson's 20 week program he released.

Post Thanks / Like
    2 days a week...maybe something like Sn complexes and BS one day then CJ complexes and FS another. You've got something like 4 months to qualify and about 5 1/2 to compete. I guess it depends on what meet you can qualify at but 214 doesn't likely seem that difficult if you used to do high 280s.

In march, do both lifts and squat and probably one lift and squat maybe pulls in jan/feb at the higher end.

Or the stupid simple: triples one week, doubles the next, singles the 3rd from Catalyst.

Post Thanks / Like
    starting with a strength phase of probably 8 weeks. Picking a conservative guess of my maxes now and working hard on strength for this phase. So something like
    Classic lift from hang, 4x3 70%
    Pull 4x3 at 90-110%
    Classic DL 4x3 at 120-130%
    Squat or FS 5-7 to failure or nearly failure (depends on day)

This is a simple and quick protocol that should yield decent results with my bizarre training schedule. At home I do some abs, stretching and maybe some stability work with bands a couple nights a week
    Last edited by scottyb_rochny; 10-03-2019 at 03:38 PM.

6. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fuck FS 5-7reps lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Correction FS during this phase is only 4 sets of 5 reps and it’s kind of light.

I use my back squat to build my FS during the strength phase. So in 4 week block, I’ll do BS 6 times and FS only twice.
    Last edited by scottyb_rochny; 10-04-2019 at 05:16 AM.

9. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate FSx4-5 but that's still better than sevensies. BS 4-8, different ballgame. Even 10's which I did earlier this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on the program phase and goals. Went back to my notes and at one point I had a 155 Front Squat 5RM. Never again I’m sure of that. Will be lucky to do it for one rep.

12. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The main thing is progressive overload. If you start light and add a little weekly, you will get stronger. Good luck with the comeback brother!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CNL View Post
    The main thing is progressive overload. If you start light and add a little weekly, you will get stronger. Good luck with the comeback brother!
    Agree!