Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Singlet-style shorts

Post Thanks / Like

Singlet-style shorts

https://store.chineseweightlifting.c...tegory/shorts/
    These style. Lycra 'bike shorts' or whatever.

I bought a pair from Ma Strength, they are very comfy, but literally 2-3 sessions of snatching they are getting ruined.

Any ideas for replacements? Anyone else like these?

Post Thanks / Like
    Could sew on Kevlar patches to the thighs.

SKINS used to sell great shorts until they went under. Have had all my pairs for years with only a small rip on the thighs.

Virus is overrated but available.

Hookgrip is selling the Polish ones that you see many Eastern Europeans wearing.

Got a few pairs of Wolaco shorts that are holding up really well too.

Post Thanks / Like
    the polish ones mentioned above work well for me. Also, cycling shorts! (i had a few and just took the padding out. Seem to be very thick material)

Post Thanks / Like
    Eastbay sells cheap compression gear under the EVAPOR brand.

But to be honest, if your gear is getting wrecked after 2 to 3 sessions then your technique probably needs some work.

Post Thanks / Like
    It isn't anything technical, I have lifted for years in all manner of clothes and none have gotten scuffed almost at all, let along as quickly as this one pair of shorts, so its a bit of a strange assumption to make without knowing anything.

Do they count as compression gear? They aren't mega tight and have quite a loose waist, which is why they are so comfy. They are just a snug fit and thing material. I guess they are cycling shorts without the padding?

I have a pair of the Polish ones on order, but frankly for 30$ they best last me for years otherwise they are solidly in the 'garbage' category.

Post Thanks / Like
    i'll 2nd these.
    i bought them for like $7 a couple years ago just to see what they were like since they were so cheap. they're thicker/better than any nike/adidas, etc. tights you'll get. i'd buy these over any nonspecific weightlifting shorts (like the ma ones or the polish ones).
    they're cheaper than almost any other tights and they're thicker than most too.
    just my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like
    Which would you second ?