Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Programming squats

Post Thanks / Like
    So, I have definitely learned that I am not following the Texas/Pendlay method. I've found great success with doing it this way, but I need a change of pace as it's starting to consume all other training.

Also, not sure what is wrong with my inbox.

Post Thanks / Like
    squat twice a week or FS or lower intensity on Wed.

problem solved.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could always move to a preparation phase type of training. Hit the squats with 8-12 reps or pause squats for 4-6 reps, and do additional leg exercises like lunges, split squats, SN deadlifts, etc. Exercise variety can be a cheap way of hitting weak links that are holding you back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    squat twice a week or FS or lower intensity on Wed.

problem solved.
    In a few weeks I'm going to embark on an old man version of the Russian Squat routine where you only squat 2x a week instead of 3x, so your first session of the week is always the 6 doubles at 80% day, and the second session is the day that gets increasingly difficult. Interested to see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJonty View Post
    In a few weeks I'm going to embark on an old man version of the Russian Squat routine where you only squat 2x a week instead of 3x, so your first session of the week is always the 6 doubles at 80% day, and the second session is the day that gets increasingly difficult. Interested to see how it goes.
    I've done this version a couple of times before. Definitely way more doable, imho!!

Post Thanks / Like
    When I get back to training, I'm gonna do something simple, not percentage based, but based on my 5RM. For light/recovery, I'm gonna do 25-35 pistols each leg. But first, find your 5RM, then 1 or 2 times pr. week:
    Week 1: 5RM 6 sets of 3
    Week 2: 5RM 5 sets of 4
    Week 3: 5RM 6 sets of 4
    Week 4: 5RM 5 sets of 3
    For the next mesocycle, dont test your 5RM again, just add 5kg.
    Last edited by Inqk79; 11-04-2019 at 07:48 AM.