Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IWF Grand Prix ODESA Cup - Start List

Post Thanks / Like

IWF Grand Prix ODESA Cup - Start List

I haven't seen the final entry list posted elsewhere on the web. So here is a link to a copy for people who might be interested to see which athletes are planning on attending (Rostami etc).

https://www.scribd.com/document/4334...nned-Documents

So there is no confusion, this is the final entry list (I mistakenly wrote "start list" in the title of this post).
    Last edited by Cleddau; 11-04-2019 at 11:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    some interesting names going. i see arley back at 96 but didn't see any classes above that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    some interesting names going. i see arley back at 96 but didn't see any classes above that.
    This event is one of those unusual truncated tournaments with only five male and five female weight-classes being contested.

I've never really understood why restricted competitions such as this one or the Fajr Cup in Iran are able to be ratified as Olympic qualifying events (given that non-eligible competitors cannot use the events to earn ROBI points).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleddau View Post
    I haven't seen the final entry list posted elsewhere on the web. So here is a link to a copy for people who might be interested to see which athletes are planning on attending (Rostami etc).

https://www.scribd.com/document/4334...nned-Documents

So there is no confusion, this is the final entry list (I mistakenly wrote "start list" in the title of this post).
    Just a heads up, that is not in fact the final entry list - although it is close, there has been some changes (Scratch) since.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilAndrews View Post
    Just a heads up, that is not in fact the final entry list - although it is close, there has been some changes (Scratch) since.
    Thanks. This is good to know.

As an aside, I've always wondered why the IWF doesn't leverage its website to provide a single definitive source of event information for international events such as the preliminary entry lists, final entry lists, and start lists. They already have a database of athletes, they already have an online interface for submitting entries to international events, but for some reason they haven't taken the next logical step of producing and publishing the athlete lists. It's very aggravating for athletes and fans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleddau View Post
    Thanks. This is good to know.

As an aside, I've always wondered why the IWF doesn't leverage its website to provide a single definitive source of event information for international events such as the preliminary entry lists, final entry lists, and start lists. They already have a database of athletes, they already have an online interface for submitting entries to international events, but for some reason they haven't taken the next logical step of producing and publishing the athlete lists. It's very aggravating for athletes and fans.
    Agree!! Searched for the event on iwfs page to no avail,is it to happen in 2020?