Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Don McCauley

Post Thanks / Like

Don McCauley

Didn't want this forum to exist without mentioning that Don passed away this month. I had no personal experience with him aside from being facebook friends, but the wl community definitely a little bit darker now. It's been a rough year for in general with Glenn and now Don passing. anyway, this forum is mostly in hibernation but i hope you are well.

2. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw that Don passed away, but forgot to make a post.

I wish this forum would liven up a little.

4. Likes thatmoutain liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure it'll liven up with the AOF coming up and when Asians and Euros comes around.

and yes, it was a damn shame we lost them both this year.

6. Likes thatmoutain liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, this place really dried up, activity wise. I'm thinking it was all the spamming that was happening.

Really sad to have lost both Glenn and Don recently. Both were great guys and coaches in this sport!!

Post Thanks / Like
    ehh, i still doubt there were more than 2-3 dozen active members before the spam onslaught

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been lurking for most of the year. Didn't have much to contribute but I enjoy visiting regularly. I hadn't actually logged in since the spam.

Back to Don. I went to one of Mash's outdoor meets at his place and got to listen to Don talk to some lifters. I enjoyed how he simplified parts of the lift. One that stood out was standing with toes over plates or a platform. Then bend at the knees, extend and retract very quickly. He would say if you get do that with a bar in your hands than you figured out the one of the toughest parts of all three lifts.