Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody have an entry-list for the Qatar International Cup in Doha?

Post Thanks / Like
    The same can be said about Kasharina’s cocktail of anabolics she has been taken since she was a preteen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Similar yes

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...sterone-levels

so they are making the levels drop in half but that's still twice the high end of Testosterone in regular females.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hormones are only part of it, there's way more in play.

5. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is Rostami lifting in these competitions still? He won't rank as #1 from Iran.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    Why is Rostami lifting in these competitions still? He won't rank as #1 from Iran.
    Is there someone besides Moradi who can beat him? Moradi still seems a long ways off from his old form. His future is not certain, but also Rostami is delusional.

8. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, all of the Iranians collecting 4x qualification points. As far as I'm aware Rostami is stuck with the zero score from the second period, which means at most he'll manage around 3000 points.
    But there are 4 to 6 other Iranians who are still in contention, and they don't have to lift record weights to surpass him.

BTW, the same is true for Moradi. He only has 91 points from period two. He needs to total 400+ two times soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    Yes, all of the Iranians collecting 4x qualification points. As far as I'm aware Rostami is stuck with the zero score from the second period, which means at most he'll manage around 3000 points.
    But there are 4 to 6 other Iranians who are still in contention, and they don't have to lift record weights to surpass him.

BTW, the same is true for Moradi. He only has 91 points from period two. He needs to total 400+ two times soon.
    Rostami said he'd retire if there was no chance at Olympic qualification so maybe he knows something we don't regarding period 2?

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't Rostami say some time ago he wasn't aware the qualification system had changed? Does he even know his country can only send one 96?

Just looking at the numbers: Reza Beiralvand M96 stands steadily at 3.4k points, there's no way for Rostami to surpass that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just looking at the numbers: Reza Beiralvand M96 stands steadily at 3.4k points, there's no way for Rostami to surpass that.
    Depends on how Sohrab is doing. And if China allows Tian to go.

Rostami has 1783+1067 robi pts rn so maybe he could eek out 1150 at AsianChamps with huge lifts and that 1067 would give him nearly 250pts more.

Sohrab has 1342 but has 2 more scores he can tally. 380@silver event is 878. 400 is 1041.

But that is a far cry from 200.

Beiralvand has 3400 robi pts and Mousavijrahi has one more comp and he could hit 3500 robi pts. Both would be way higher than Rostami or Sohrab.

The Egyptians have 2 lifters who could total over 3000 which would put them ahead of Sohrab and Rostami even if Iran passed on the 2 Iranians I mentioned who would have higher robi totals to qualify for the top lifter in Asia who didnt qualify to Tokyo via Worldwide qualification.

So it looks like Sohrab and Rostami have even less of a chance at making Tokyo now that I finally looked at the 96 robi pt rankings and had not thought about those 2 other Iranian 96/102 (one moved down from 102 but has done 381@94).
    https://www.reddit.com/r/weightlifti...m_medium=web2x

Remember, a country can choose to send whoever they want that qualifies individually. I don't know if say they pass on one of their lifters, if it goes to the next lifter in order which might be from their country or as a country they lose that spot. We don't know if Iran has created qualifications rules like the US has or if those in charge of the WL Fed can choose who they want to send (within reason after qualifying individually). I doubt many countries have created rules like that and whoever is in charge or the committee will vote on who goes or whatever.

I would guess Rostami doesn't have a fucking clue about the qualification system. And this could possibly be in part due to the fact that his brother is his listed as his coach. Who knows if his brother has bothered to look at the qualification process or if Iran has told him about it.