Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The "current IWF competition going on" thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilAndrews View Post
    The JWC has not been cancelled, or at least, it has not as yet. Simply a new date has not yet been set. Other events have set new dates, and on occasion, had to modify them a 2nd time.

So far the only outright cancelled event due to Covid-19 is the IWF Masters Worlds in Orlando, USA.
    My comment was based on the fact that it was the only event in the calendar with "cancelled" and not "postponed" next to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we have new criteria approved for Tokyo qualification.

Seems fair enough, new period where lifters have to compete at least once is Oct 2020 to April 30th and this allows lifters to get their 6th comp in if they were not able to in the disrupted previous 3rd period. Previous ROBI scores stay as is. I think that sounds fair.

I also notice, the 2021 Worlds scheduled for Lima, Peru is showing as scheduled for January 2021 on the IWF calendar, that seems to be the most obvious Gold tier comp for people to compete at.

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds fine. Wonder if there will be a world's.

Post Thanks / Like
    The three comps in January have no real date yet, it reads 01 01 - 31 12. They're just put there due to the site's design.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    Well, we have new criteria approved for Tokyo qualification.

Seems fair enough, new period where lifters have to compete at least once is Oct 2020 to April 30th and this allows lifters to get their 6th comp in if they were not able to in the disrupted previous 3rd period. Previous ROBI scores stay as is. I think that sounds fair.

I also notice, the 2021 Worlds scheduled for Lima, Peru is showing as scheduled for January 2021 on the IWF calendar, that seems to be the most obvious Gold tier comp for people to compete at.
    For clarification, ONLY the cancelled or like-for-like replacement events can count (so ONE Pan Am Champs, the Ibero Americans in Colombia for example).

The 3 World events will not all be in January, but they just appear in January.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilAndrews View Post
    For clarification, ONLY the cancelled or like-for-like replacement events can count (so ONE Pan Am Champs, the Ibero Americans in Colombia for example).

The 3 World events will not all be in January, but they just appear in January.
    Thanks for clarifying this. It is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Will there be a 2020 Euros and a 2021 Euros?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CNL View Post
    Will there be a 2020 Euros and a 2021 Euros?
    Possibly/probably; there's both a 2020 Pan American Championships and a Pan American Championships on the IWF schedule for next year, in April and November respectively. Which makes the second irrelevant in terms of Olympic qualifying.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a suspicion there will be several world class "students" at University worlds in October.

Post Thanks / Like
    It would appear that there may be a new batch of previously undisclosed positives to be released as WADA follows up the McLaren report.