Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "current IWF competition going on" thread

Post Thanks / Like

The "current IWF competition going on" thread

Rather than having a new thread for all of these small cups and regional comps.

Fajr/Iran: Rostami's sad descent continued. Ego over brains with him.

General observation: the system we have seen over the past year is the nail in the coffin of the old adage of "you can only peak twice a year".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    Rather than having a new thread for all of these small cups and regional comps.

Fajr/Iran: Rostami's sad descent continued. Ego over brains with him.

General observation: the system we have seen over the past year is the nail in the coffin of the old adage of "you can only peak twice a year".
    I secretly enjoy watching Rostami compete - because it is never boring. In some ways his mentality reminds me of David Rigert.

As for the general observation, one of the things I've learned in the last year is that many of the so-called truths we accept about training and competing are often just excuses in disguise. Our capacity for training is considerably higher than most of us will ever realise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleddau View Post
    I secretly enjoy watching Rostami compete - because it is never boring. In some ways his mentality reminds me of David Rigert.

As for the general observation, one of the things I've learned in the last year is that many of the so-called truths we accept about training and competing are often just excuses in disguise. Our capacity for training is considerably higher than most of us will ever realise.
    Agreed with both of those. Rostami is sort of like watching old-school multiply PL. Miss an opener? No problem, put on 5 kg!

100% agreed with the second. Your body can handle a lot more than you think it can.

Post Thanks / Like
    for anyone interested:
    (you'll have to watch these directly on YouTube, they won't embed)

Post Thanks / Like
    Iran went from three gold candidates in 2016 to zero in 2020.

6. Likes Blairbob, Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Zoe Smith at 59 I'm looking forward to watching.

The 81kg men's sessions are great just about everywhere. No difference here. I wonder what sort of shape Getts is actually in.

96kg seems a little weak at the moment in Europe. Tsikhantsou intrigues me, Pliesnoi has great form.

I wonder how hard Martirosyan and Aramnau actually go.

9. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    While it seems most lifters don't push hard at Euros anymore, I wonder if totals go down bc no one is slipping benjamins to HUNADO testers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Will Kashirina be at the Olympics? As we know she was suspended before quite some time ago, when she was 15.

I've read reports related the recent WADA ban and it only refers to athletes linked to the McLaren report or the later data manipulation. She - unlike many other Russians - wasn't named by the IWF recently.

Post Thanks / Like
    She wasn't in their testing pool. I wouldn't expect her to be going to Tokyo.

https://www.weightliftinghouse.com/2...-testing-pool/