Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Question about Arnold.

Post Thanks / Like

Question about Arnold.

So with the cancellation of spectators for the Arnold what does that mean for the people you are traveling with. Each year we typically get two extra wrist bands to give to “helpers”. I didn’t register any coaches but will I still get those wrist bands to give to my two friends who were planning on loading my plates for me and helping at the table?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pufatr01 View Post
    So with the cancellation of spectators for the Arnold what does that mean for the people you are traveling with. Each year we typically get two extra wrist bands to give to “helpers”. I didn’t register any coaches but will I still get those wrist bands to give to my two friends who were planning on loading my plates for me and helping at the table?
    The wording from USAW seems to state that unless your friends are registered athletes or registered coaches, they will not be allowed to help at all.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Weightli...-at-The-Arnold

After further consultation with organizers of the Arnold Sports Festival, we have been informed that registered athletes will be allowed to assist other athletes in the warm-up area, but may not loiter in or around the venue.

Currently only athletes, registered coaches, technical officials and parents of minor athletes will be permitted to attend their scheduled competition session. Volunteers assisting with the execution of the event, along with pre-credentialed media, will also be permitted in the venue.

Post Thanks / Like
    The latest I've seen and heard is that spectators will be allowed (from Mark Cannella, the guy in charge of organizing the meet) . I've also seen that a screening is happening, but don't know if it's for all or just athletes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog73 View Post
    The latest I've seen and heard is that spectators will be allowed (from Mark Cannella, the guy in charge of organizing the meet) . I've also seen that a screening is happening, but don't know if it's for all or just athletes.
    USAW updated their post to address that:

We understand there is contradictory information regarding spectators. Ohio Governor Dewine and Columbus Mayor Ginther are urging Arnold organizers to abide by the plan announced Tuesday, and NOT allow spectators in the venue.

Restrictions, including venue access, are subject to change by state and local authorities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it's changed a couple of times and the shit hit the fan this morning.

Although they put up signs on the doors that spectators are not allowed, when I left nobody was attending the doors to restrict them.

There is word that the National Guard was called and will be in force over the next couple of days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog73 View Post
    There is word that the National Guard was called and will be in force over the next couple of days.