Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: The Injury Thread (Share your story, recovery methods, or ask questions!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, what are some good assistance exercises for strengthening/protecting the elbows, mostly during the snatch? Bicep curls, tricep barbell overhead push thingies, snatch grip BTN presses? I don't have a specific condition, just want to keep them in good shape for heavier snatches.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are about a thousand bicep exercises to choose from, and nearly as many tricep exercises. It really comes down to personal preference, and what equipment you have available to you.

For biceps I'm a big fan of very light barbell curls to failure, and for triceps I like dumbbell skull crushers with a hammer grip.
    Currently reading: The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Just Finished Reading: City of Thieves by David Benioff

Friend me on Facebook

Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

Post Thanks / Like
    as part of my accessory work, I like to do tempo ring pull ups and dips as a super set. usually 3-4 sets to failure

palms facing each other on the rings to start, rotating to chin up, hold at the top, rotate to original position back down (0-3-5 tempo)
    for dips, I just go to failure then hold for 20 seconds at the top of my last rep for each set

sick bicep/tricep pumps.. (but really its to gain some stability in my lockout. its helps with my overhead stability for snatches and jerks)

Post Thanks / Like
    I generally like db hammer curls and light barbell curls for biceps, keep it simple. For triceps, I just started doing dips again, and I like the hammer grip extensions or skull crushers.