Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 174

Thread: The Injury Thread (Share your story, recovery methods, or ask questions!)

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    doing some pistols and agility drills for my quad. mixing in 6 sets of weighted dips. gonna try and lose a 1-2lbs while i rehab

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone worked through a glute imbalance? The symptom I am seeing is shifting in my squats and my knee coming in as I stand weights up from the hole. Often I feel the left side taking up more of the work. I also feel it is tougher to get my right side glute to contract.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,933
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crippling forearm tendonitis, cannot grip a bar very solidly without pain, at 80kg+ on the snatch it is like I am supporting it on someone else's arms. Really irritating. Time to take my wrist/forearm stretching and training more seriously.

    Tangoncash, I think lots of people are dominant on one side. For me it appears when I get tired but if I focus on it from the start of the workout its not much of a problem

  4. #24
    Member Goldendog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gardnerville, Nevada
    Posts
    612
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best I can figure through self diagnosis, I have bursitis in my right hip. If I were to lay on a hard floor right on the point of my hip I would get pretty gnarly pain. Kind of a nagging thing.

    I snapped my left wrist in Jan 2011. Still have a metal plate in there. My wrist gets sore on occasion but, no big deal,

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    666
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoncash007 View Post
    Has anyone worked through a glute imbalance? The symptom I am seeing is shifting in my squats and my knee coming in as I stand weights up from the hole. Often I feel the left side taking up more of the work. I also feel it is tougher to get my right side glute to contract.
    I think everyone does. Specifically I've had to do tons of glute work for my knee rehab. I'd start adding 15-30 minutes of glute work 2-3 times a week to the end of your workouts and doing a bit of activation with your warm up.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    666
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CharisLouca View Post
    Crippling forearm tendonitis, cannot grip a bar very solidly without pain, at 80kg+ on the snatch it is like I am supporting it on someone else's arms. Really irritating. Time to take my wrist/forearm stretching and training more seriously.

    Tangoncash, I think lots of people are dominant on one side. For me it appears when I get tired but if I focus on it from the start of the workout its not much of a problem
    Tried forearm smashing with a barbell? I've started doing this lately and it's wonderful. Oh and incredibly painful.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,933
    Post Thanks / Like
    What am I, a Crossfitter? Real weightlifters just take ibuprofen by the gram and complain about it online.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the followups everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendog View Post
    Best I can figure through self diagnosis, I have bursitis in my right hip. If I were to lay on a hard floor right on the point of my hip I would get pretty gnarly pain. Kind of a nagging thing.

    I snapped my left wrist in Jan 2011. Still have a metal plate in there. My wrist gets sore on occasion but, no big deal,
    I had some hip bursitis for much of this summer. Mostly flares up immediately after workouts. Still does a little. Backing off isn't an option for those who desperately need more leg strength. Some yoga poses help me the most. The best one I find is sitting indian style and then push the feet further out so that the knees are stack on top of each other the best you can achieve. Now with your upper torso lay/fold forward, chest towards your stacked knees. Reach your arms forward. 3-5mins here. Deep relaxed breathing. Switch your top and and do it again. Probably experience more labor on the side you have trouble with when it is the top leg. Not as effective but good is the pigeon stretch position. If you work seated most of the day you can even through foot up over your knee and lean forward to stretch that hip.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    virginia beach
    Posts
    462
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a shoulder injury for the longest, the longest!! at 33 decided to get it checked out and found out I have arthritis. basically where my spine of my scapula and where my clavicle join, that joint is where my arthritis is. so for the long as I thought I had so detrimental issue but it turned out that it was just arthritis so, I stop self diagnosing.

    So ibuprofen, tiger balm, and some good stretching is all I need and my shoulder is glorious, just got to work through that first couple minutes of intense pain but it just goes away afterwards.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ankle or achilles injuries any experiences? I've felt a twinge in my achilles with any movements involving squatting, jumping bending simply creating an acute angle between my shin and foot.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •