Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skins Compression Gear Affiliate and Discount Code for WLForum Members

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Skins Compression Gear Affiliate and Discount Code for WLForum Members

Hey WLForum members!

No need to email me for the discount code, just go the members only section.

Today I would like to announce that WLForums is now affiliated with Skins compression gear.

20% off everything + free shipping for all members!...... in the USA..... sorry

(note: this is for Skins USA, not international yet. They are working on getting their products to our nice northern neighbors in Canada next)

To get your forum member discount code you need to PM me directly. And I will respond with the discount code.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SKINS Affiliate Banner.jpg 
Views:	3939 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	133

I have owned Skins compression gear for years, used many others as well (Virus, Nike, Adidas, Under Armor, etc). IMO, Skins is basically the Eleiko of compression gear. Just for full disclosure, my opinions are based purely on personal experience, and what I believe to be best in the context of olympic weightlifting. The affiliate program was purely so we could get you guys a discount. Hopefully we will be gaining a few more benefits in the future from other suppliers.

Sizing for weightlifters:
    Skins is generally true to size but...... weightlifters got that bootaaaay so here are some sizing suggestions.

Sizing charts are here - http://www.skins.net/usa/unique-sizing-guide/

A200 series
    If you look at the size chart and if you are in the middle or lower for your sizing, stay there. If you are on the far right side for your sizing, go one size up. Or else they will slide down when squatting.

A400 series
    Buy the size it suggests but if you are right on the cusp, maybe get one size larger. The A400's are pretty amazing and super form fitting.

I will be reviewing more of the different types of compression gear available in an upcoming thread. Skins vs Virus vs UA, compression vs recovery, form fitting or no, etc
    Last edited by Justin; 04-24-2015 at 02:53 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/WLForums
    IG: http://instagram.com/justinforte/

Oleg's Gym Rules
    1. Respect Z bar! Be good to it and it will be good to you
    2. Don't mix soup and mashed potatoes

Post Thanks / Like
    Just bought mine like two days ago lol. Oh well I got them off theclymb so probably still cheaper. Heard nothing but good things about skins from my rugby teammates that use em, can't wait to compare them to my virus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottPeterson View Post
    Just bought mine like two days ago lol. Oh well I got them off theclymb so probably still cheaper. Heard nothing but good things about skins from my rugby teammates that use em, can't wait to compare them to my virus.
    IMO, its like Eleiko vs DHS. Both are awesome, one is better, but also has the cost that comes along with it.

Oleg's Gym Rules

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    IMO, its like Eleiko vs DHS. Both are awesome, one is better, but also has the cost that comes along with it.
    I prefer DHS...so maybe I should return the skins for more Virus ^_^

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you guys lift in them, or just put them on for recovery? I see a lot of people that just lift in them. I have a pair of Spun compression pants, but hardly ever use them. If I should be lifting in them, I might use them more!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog73 View Post
    Do you guys lift in them, or just put them on for recovery? I see a lot of people that just lift in them. I have a pair of Spun compression pants, but hardly ever use them. If I should be lifting in them, I might use them more!!
    I lift in them. Usually with a pair of boxer briefs / sport underwear / compressive shorts underneath..... nobody needs to be presented with a "fruit basket" every time I approach the bar. Every now and then ill sleep in them for recovery.

Oleg's Gym Rules

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog73 View Post
    Both. Love training in them because I don't have to worry about the bar scraping up my thighs and there's less friction than if they catch on my skin. Great for recovery too, if I'm lifting in the morning i'll usually just sleep in them. Just ordered Skins tights + half tights so I won't immediately be out tights to wear for recovery until laundry every time I workout in them lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Skins recovery tights and I love them. Much lighter than your day to day gear, but provides just enough compression that's comfortable enough to sleep in. I'll wear sweatpants over them to sleep in in the winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wear no name compression pants and shorts, how can you talk me into spending over a 100 on these? I mean, I want to buy them but I can get a few more plates or dumbbells for that price.

I got like 5 pairs of the target brand compression leggings and I think I spent about that much for those 5 pairs.

Nothings brought me to a pair of these yet, I think I need to test fit a brand name vs what I have to see the difference, again 100+? Hmmm, that's hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, does the website ship to Canada?