Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get twice as much value from hookgrip's Russian Knee Wraps

Post Thanks / Like
    These wraps are the only reason I can still squat, sad to say at 34. Can't thank you enough for getting them in stock! I honestly recommend them to anyone I think they'll benefit. So far a couple have actually picked them up.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had the end with the velcro start to fray a bit. I assume this is from heavy use (any sort of squat and the wraps go on) and nothing someone who can sew can't fix. Again, just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    The velcro is definitely not sewed on super well. I'm not sure why as the actual elastic material is very good and it lasts for a lot longer than something like ace bandage (obviously, elastic eventually will go too). But yea, they could make them a lot more sturdy by the velcro. But frankly I don't even recommend using the velcro, it is just a nice way to keep them wrapped up when shipping them out. I would pull them through in order to fasten the wrap.

That's great to hear they help you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't use the velcro, just some of the stitching around it is coming out. I actually checked this weekend and it's the non-velcro end that is fraying a bit. As you mentioned loss of elasticity will happen and that is what has happened. They are still the best thing I've ever used for my knees.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crackers View Post
    I don't use the velcro, just some of the stitching around it is coming out. I actually checked this weekend and it's the non-velcro end that is fraying a bit. As you mentioned loss of elasticity will happen and that is what has happened. They are still the best thing I've ever used for my knees.
    Hrmm, can you send me a picture at nat@hookgrip.com? Or post it here? I'd like to see what's going on. I see a bit of fraying on the other side of the stitching which is simply stuff coming out from where they cut before sewing it over. If that's the case, that is totally normal and not something they could really avoid -- plus it won't hurt the life of the sleeve. But if it's something else, I'd like to see it so at the very least they can try to correct it in future runs. I'm already going to tell them to at least double the reinforcements on the velcro as I've seen it come off on a few occasions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take some pics tonight and email them to you. It's really not a big deal as far as I'm concerned, but if it helps with QC that's good!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got my knee wraps yesterday...What is the best way to wrap them please??

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BArch84 View Post
    I just got my knee wraps yesterday...What is the best way to wrap them please??

Thank you
    Why do you think you need them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wittmer View Post
    Why do you think you need them?
    I squat everyday and I am not in love with the sleeves because they start to slide. I haven't wore them yet but I will on my next training cycle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BArch84 View Post
    I squat everyday and I am not in love with the sleeves because they start to slide. I haven't wore them yet but I will on my next training cycle.
    Why do you use the sleeves?

Post Thanks / Like
    I had pcl surgery on the right knee in 2014, and meniscus surgery on the left shortly after the knee sleeves keep my knees warm and they help speed up my warm ups.