Likes Likes:  61
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 101 of 247 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2468

Thread: The PR Thread!

Post Thanks / Like
    2nd Rep was a PR. My back and legs are much stronger these days. Doing 1 rep at anything above 85 kg was all I used to do. I feel like I could triple 100kg.

Post Thanks / Like
    power snatch 80kg 4x3 today

not a lift time PR but certainly a comeback PR since these strings of injuries since i have not powered over 70 in months

Post Thanks / Like
    Front Squat from high pins (approx nipple height): 198kg x 5

Post Thanks / Like

client of mine

16 yo 150lbs bw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CharisLouca View Post
    Ironically I only do it on snatch, cj because somehow that is going to tire me out, but on squats I always do plenty of sets and never do less reps than my top sets, even when I was doing 10s.
    Sn I do my usual stuff. I'm fine taking 10kg jumps onwards. I pretty much only do singles 80 onwards. I may take 80 again if it doesn't feel amazing.

CJ I warm up with the bar then 60, 100, 120, 140 if I'm feeling GOOD. If not I'll take 130 :P.

Squats I don't need to do many warm ups either. I do take my time warming up though at the lighter weights.

Koing

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a 135 clean on Saturday (again no video), will be my last PB for a while as lifting is off for a few weeks until my bicep tendonitis and nerve problems in my neck ease up. No lifting, no upper body strength stuff, no squats. Will record a GPP training log on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Struan Potter View Post
    I got a 135 clean on Saturday (again no video), will be my last PB for a while as lifting is off for a few weeks until my bicep tendonitis and nerve problems in my neck ease up. No lifting, no upper body strength stuff, no squats. Will record a GPP training log on here.
    What are you doing for your bicep tendonitis?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottPeterson View Post
    What are you doing for your bicep tendonitis?
    Rest, SMR, suction cups, scap work. It's linked with the nerve pain in my neck which crosses other the front delt on my left shoulder, results with some horrific pain there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Koing View Post
    Sn I do my usual stuff. I'm fine taking 10kg jumps onwards. I pretty much only do singles 80 onwards. I may take 80 again if it doesn't feel amazing.

CJ I warm up with the bar then 60, 100, 120, 140 if I'm feeling GOOD. If not I'll take 130 :P.

Squats I don't need to do many warm ups either. I do take my time warming up though at the lighter weights.

Koing
    I find if I just do singles from around 80% onwards, sometimes my shoulders are not warmed up and I will make a total hash of things. You have stronger shoulders than me though and mine are notoriously up and down. clean and jerks don't need that much warmup after snatch, but if I just go in cold and start snatching with low reps I will inevitably fuck shit up come 95-100%+.

I think that's key, warming up with light weights then going up quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Massive 'PRs' for me today! First day training again after injuring my back a month ago. 20kg for four sets of ten on squats, snatch pulls, presses alternating front and back with each rep, and finished with some side bends and curls. Squats felt surprisingly okay, basically the same as pre-injury, though of course my body still hates doing them. Snatch pulls felt pretty horrible, just way out of time and had no 'feeling'. Presses etc no problem. I did notice I felt my legs being very shaky and unbalanced the whole time. Probably just because it's the first time I've forced my body to do this stuff in a month.

Zero back pain whatsoever the entire time. That was my main concern and I'm sure as hell pleased about it.