Likes Likes:  53
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 246 of 246 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246
Results 2,451 to 2,455 of 2455

Thread: The PR Thread!

Post Thanks / Like
    Few small PRs in training the past few weeks. Feels good to be getting back to near PR shape after about 6 months of stalled progress.

195kg back squat PR. Did this twice because I thought I loaded 200kg on the 2nd try but messed up the math while using kilo and lb plates. Also a terrible change plate loading, I know.

121kg training snatch PR. 2kg less than my comp PR still. Also hit 120kg with straps 2 weeks before this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you use such a narrow stance on your back squat?
    Currently reading: The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Just Finished Reading: City of Thieves by David Benioff

Friend me on Facebook

Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    Why do you use such a narrow stance on your back squat?
    It's just what I've done for a while, although that video does look a little more narrow than usual. Here's another angle from a different day, not much wider but maybe a small amount: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnw1RDsB2u1/

I have tried widening it some but always was uncomfortable with it. Probably just need to give it time really but never committed to making the change. Back squat has always been something I can't quite figure out. The last few months I worked on slowing down my descent slightly and controlling the weight more, but hadn't thought about stance at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnadom View Post
    It's just what I've done for a while, although that video does look a little more narrow than usual. Here's another angle from a different day, not much wider but maybe a small amount: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnw1RDsB2u1/

I have tried widening it some but always was uncomfortable with it. Probably just need to give it time really but never committed to making the change. Back squat has always been something I can't quite figure out. The last few months I worked on slowing down my descent slightly and controlling the weight more, but hadn't thought about stance at all.
    Yeah that video looks slightly wider, but still very narrow. In my opinion you're probably leaving kilos off of the bar because of it. Changing is probably definitely going to feel weird, you're not a new lifter by any means so your habits are well established. But I always tell my athletes, I don't really care if it it "feels" right or not, if you lift more weight, and you're not in pain, it's just the way it is.

It's not like you don't have the hip mobility for it, you receive your snatches significantly wider than you squat.
    Currently reading: The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Just Finished Reading: City of Thieves by David Benioff

Friend me on Facebook

Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    In my opinion you're probably leaving kilos off of the bar because of it. Changing is probably definitely going to feel weird, you're not a new lifter by any means so your habits are well established. But I always tell my athletes, I don't really care if it it "feels" right or not, if you lift more weight, and you're not in pain, it's just the way it is.
    Very true, I'll have to make that something I concentrate on as I do back squats next. Thanks for the tips, always helps since I don't have a coach now.